Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 171119
Position Title: DM
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for an experienced Development Manager who is passionate about both process and gaming, to provide daily production leadership to areas in one of our teams.
You will report to the Senior Development Director for the studio. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
As a Development Manager, you are accountable for the day to day facilitating of the team’s tasks, time, and resources. You are also responsible for supporting the team leads and Development Directors by:
- Tracking and communicating progress while striving for transparency
- Building and maintaining team schedules for the project and milestones
- Identifying and reporting risks and developing mitigations for them
- Resolving roadblocks for the team to enable them to do their best work
- Guiding continuous team improvement through retrospectives and motivation
You are not satisfied with task completion alone but are an advocate for quality while still caring for and protecting your team.
- Passion about managing creative teams
- 2+ years of experience working as a project/team manager
- 2+ years of experience working in creative tech environment; AAA game development ideal
- Understanding of various development methodologies, Agile/Scrum/Kanban/Lean/Waterfall
- Experience releasing at least one game/product while in a project/team management role
- Background in Computer Science, QA Leadership, Production or equivalent
- Experience with various tools, e.g. Jira, Hansoft, Perforce, MS Office, etc.
- Understanding of the complexities and requirements of game production and how to manage them
- Willingness to provide hands on support to elevate the team’s productivity
- Experience working with internal and external teams
- Possession of many conflict resolution tools
- Comfortable talking across all levels of an organization
- Ability to know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience
- Ability to motivate and inspire the team
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a resume.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-01-20 17:05:06.86
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。