Full Stack Developer (Contract)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Pasadena, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 171114
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
To allow more players to become creators, we are looking for a Software Engineer to shape the technology that powers creation. If you have experience with building services for user generated content through modern techniques connecting multiple services together we want to hear from you.
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life.
We aim to improve in our development approaches and with our services. Many of our software engineers are "polyglots" and strive in multiple environments.
- Build creative web projects applying modern web development best practices
- Implement features to specifications while working collaboratively with a small team of software engineers
- Work with partners across different teams to determine feature specifications
- Build secure systems for high scalability
- Manage data about system performance
- Work with the engineering and DevOps teams to build web services
- Research and integrate new technologies
- Manage the health, quality, maintainability and style of the codebase
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a software development environment
- Computer Science degree or other relevant experience
- Understanding of how browsers and DOM work
- Experience designing and working with RESTful web services
- Experience in one or two frontend Frameworks (such as React, VUE, Angular) and UI frameworks (Material, Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Development experience with a backend technology in either Java, C#, .NET, Go, or Node.js
- Database development experience with SQL or NoSQL technologies
- Appreciation for UI/UX, software craftsmanship, architecture and design patterns for writing flexible, testable code
- Passion to investigate and adopt new technologies and practices
- Experience with or exposure to microservices
- Familiarity with cloud providers and containerization technologies
- Understanding of orchestrators and service mesh technologies
Community / Marketing Title: Full Stack Developer (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-01-20 17:31:57.24
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。