Online Engineer - Criterion
Locații multiple: Guildford, UK • Runcorn, UK
Requisition Number: 170894
Position Title: Software Engineer I
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audiovisual quality, and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault, Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II, Firestorm for Battlefield V and Battlefield 2042.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past four years, we are very proud to have been recognized by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
What an Online Engineer does at Criterion
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to be part of the Criterion’s online team. Daily you will work in C++ that would cover our client, dedicated server and backend online services. You would own the end-to-end implementation of our store from a first party and online standpoint and also have involvement in the creation or maintenance of some of our connected features. This could include leaderboards, telemetry, and UGC sharing. Your team will be also involved with the systems test process and launch of our titles ensuring that the experiences we create are delivered safely to our players.
- You will become part of the Need for Speed online team to help deliver connected services via our internal technologies (C++/MySQL)
- Work with production to understand our commerce requirements and translate those into technical designs which are reviewed and signed off
- Own our first-party commerce integrations and work with other domains to stand up our in-game store
- Coordinate with our live/release teams to ensure the correct store deployments and setup
- Work with EA Central Tech, Microsoft, and Sony to integrate their systems into Need for Speed
Qualifications / Skills
- 6+ years of experience in C++ software development
- Experience shipping titles(consoles and PC) and involved in live services
- Source control experience (ideally Perforce)
- Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems
- Experience with First Party APIs
- Skills debugging complex applications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Good understanding of client-server methodology, scalability, and security considerations
- Scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#
- Love games
Community / Marketing Title: Online Engineer - Criterion
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2022-01-12 10:53:47.257
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.