Associate Lighting Director - EA Sports
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 170887
Position Title: Senior Lighter
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The EA SPORTS ART team is a global community of content creators covering Characters, Environments, Lighting, Project Management, Technical Art, and Visual Effects. Fueled by imagination and a unified passion to grow the love of sports for players worldwide, we push visual boundaries and create leading edge content. Serving our broad portfolio of sports titles, we create amazing games for hundreds of millions of sports fans worldwide through inspiring visuals and immersive experiences. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
As Associate Lighting Director you will work with both internal and external teams, to create diverse and engaging worlds and cinematic sequences for our players. You will collaborate with Art Direction and Design Leads, to help develop best in class visual and gameplay experiences for the biggest sports games franchises in the world.
- Be a leadership figure within the project, working with a diverse team of Artists, Technical Artists, Project Managers, Producers and Art Directors.
- Create high-quality benchmark lighting from scenes to entire levels, sets, or stadiums/arenas.
- Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to establish/clarify location, weather, time of day.
- Breakdown tasks, assemble reference material, write briefs and estimates and oversee the work of internal and external artists.
- Guide and facilitate content reviews and feedback, ensuring content quality meets targets.
- Explore and implement new techniques, tools, and workflows that improve quality and efficiency.
- Work with Directors and leads to understand the content vision, direction, and quality expectations.
- Respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project and ensure that the lighting fits within game performance standards.
- Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game.
- Maintain team best practices.
- Mentor junior/intermediate artists.
- Degree or Diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production, Photography.
- 5+ years' experience
- Build lighting in game engine with different lighting passes such as direct and indirect lighting passes for exterior and interior in large-scale maps
- Can identify complex lighting issues and disseminate solutions to the team
- Experienced with physically-based shading and rendering
- Work lighting knowledge of Maya, Unreal or other commercial 3D packages
- Edit images in mainstream software such as Photoshop
- Experience with portrait lighting, stage lighting, or architectural lighting
- Knowledge of color theory, composition, light, and form
- Work from reference materials and concept
- Examples of levels, scenes and assets that were created/owned from start to finish (breakdowns appreciated).
- Character and environment lighting that shows an understanding of dramatic storytelling, composition, material properties, and world building.
- Work examples that demonstrate lighting processes, including indoor, outdoor, and shot lighting.
- Examples of personal work that you feel proud of are encouraged.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Lighting Director - EA Sports
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-01-11 05:16:19.15
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.