Head of Media Activation
Location: New York, United States
Requisition Number: 170771
Position Title: Sr Manager, Media Buying
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION:
We’re Electronic Arts - the world’s best video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Apex, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name but a few. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists, and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about the player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are inspiring the way millions play every day. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA’s global media team crafts attention-grabbing experiences and opportunities that take our stories into the lives of all players globally. We balance the art of broad media with the science of performance-based media to deliver against short- and long-term objectives informed by data and shaped by creativity.
The Head of Media Activation is responsible for driving and delivering the vision and execution for biddable media channels across the HD Portfolio encompassing paid social, programmatic and search, ensuring a focus on key priorities and driving excellence in media execution through the funnel. This position will report into the Director of Media Planning and Activation as a part of a Global Planning team structured by region.
In this role you will lead a team made up of media analysts, media technology and partnerships leads and will manage and lead with central agency teams to deliver effective and efficient campaigns today and into the future. This role will work collaboratively with many internal and external partners and stakeholders in a dynamic environment to keep EA at the forefront of paid media using the best of first party data and evolving ad-tech stack to deliver growth using many approaches and platforms through the funnel.
- Best-in-class media activation techniques: Sets the activation standards globally through the funnel and will deliver a test and learn program to scale new buying strategies to deliver our media in as efficient and effective manner as possible that align to EA’s values.
- Effectiveness as the base: Bringing media performance data and expert CFX groups together to consistently optimize our campaigns to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Everyday efficiency: Ensuring the right internal and external teams and processes are in place to take advantage of the rich data and technology infrastructure already in place, as well as identifying any gaps and working with partners to fill these.
- Future Opportunities: Acting as a holistic media buying expert across the funnel, focusing your time where you can make the biggest impact and spotting new opportunities to drive business growth through data strategies and ad-tech evolution.
- Critical Activation Artifacts: Media Investment Recommendations, Ad Tech Integration Management for today and tomorrow, Performance Media Optimization Strategy and Measurement Approach
- Industry, Media, and Marketing Expertise: Be able to provide clear points of view to EA business partners on the key media trends impacting the biddable ad-space from legislation, technology and emerging audience trends and being clear on the implications of these for EA in the paid media space and beyond those channels the media teams operate in.
- Evangelize for Paid Media internally at EA: Senior advocate for paid media as a key growth driver for the portfolio. Arms stakeholders with opportunities and considerations for paid media in the biddable space to continually drive growth for the business through every moment in the funnel - top to bottom.
- Manage and develop a team made up of Media Technology Lead, Media Partnerships Manager and Media Analysts as they manage agency teams and partners through planning, activation, optimization and reporting in all biddable channels through the funnel around the world.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Has a deep understanding of biddable channel planning and activation of data-informed media programs across the funnel joining brand and performance activations.
- Has a clear perspective on Biddable Media Landscape, Digital Ecosystem, Brand and Performance Media Strategy, 1st/2nd/3rd Party Audiences, Ad Tech, Social Media Evolution, Auction Buying Strategies
- Is expert for performance best practices, programs, and policies
- Has quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Has the experience to lead and develop a team to activate brand-led media plans across multiple biddable channels.
- Has demonstrable experience of managing agency buying groups
- Ability to drive change across your own team and partner teams
- Ability to present and communicate across a matrix organization
- Ability to influence senior leaders across the organization, including marketing, commercial & studio leaders
- Experience leading full-funnel activations across biddable channels
- Flexible & adaptable; ability to change course to meet business needs
- Financial acumen - experience as an accountable leader with budget ownership and proven ability to deliver efficiencies wherever possible.
- Interest and understanding of short and long term measurement, the strategic use of first-party data, the next generation of attribution.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Customer centric: A media expert with a customer mindset. We must excite our players and anticipate and deliver upon their needs to grow EA.
- Data driven decision maker: Ability to leverage data and analytics to understand where our business is now, where it needs to be, and make quality decisions to help us get there.
- Creative: The ability to seek out inventive imaginative approaches for every situation in order to continue to drive excitement in the activations we deploy.
- Curious: Is always looking to learn and understand more in order to keep EA growing.
- Leader: Has the experience to inspire an activation team to deliver extraordinary brand-led media activations across multiple channels using all the tools at their disposal to reach, excite and convert EA’s target audiences for multiple award-winning video game franchises.
- Media Expert: Has a solid and proven knowledge of all media (both digital and traditional) with an understanding of how brands grow and the creative ways used to bring brands to life in an omni-channel world.
- Collaborator: Can partner with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, to execute the delivery of the award-winning media programs across biddable channels and is able to adapt their communication style to explain the complex challenges and opportunities the biddable space has to offer to various levels across EA.
Community / Marketing Title: Head of Media Activation
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2022-01-11 20:57:14.65
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.