Software Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 170671
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Software Engineer – II, Data and AI Group - EA Digital Platform (EADP)
We are EA
Electronic Arts is more than you’ve ever realized. We’re more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we’re a vibrant community of over 8,000 artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA's platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to thrive, take risks and dream big. Our unique studios create amazingly creative and fun games - fast paced puzzles, adrenaline filled warfare, galaxy spanning adventures, high speed racing, and sports so realistic you can practically feel the grass under your feet.
Since its founding in 1982, EA has helped shape the way over 450 million registered players consume and enjoy interactive media. No other company can deliver EA’s portfolio of amazing games and services, across multiple platforms, to players around the world. It is an exciting era in games, and an exciting time to join the team at EA!
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform Data & AI Group develops platform that incorporates data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization - all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with outstanding tools. This platform and related tools power the future of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for seasoned developers who want to work on a large-scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most valued gaming companies in technology.
What a Software Engineer II, Data & AI Team does at EA:
- Design & develop highly available Web services which runs on distributed systems using micro services architecture.
- Design and develop the products keeping in mind system performance aspects like scalability, reliability, availability, security, observability etc.
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative, agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, testing, debugging, deployment, maintenance and support
- Collaborate with Product management and game teams to understand the requirements which will enhance the capabilities of the system.
- Brainstrom on the new products, tools and services required by EADP internal teams & Game Teams.
- Evaluates emerging technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products.
- Works with other senior SEs in the team and collaborate with other partner and stakeholder teams to understand the requirements and translate them to product features.
- Document and present designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on others’ designs
The next great EA Software Engineer II – Data and AI Team also needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- A solid foundation in Computer Science and competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design
- 3-5 years of strong software development experience, writing clean reuseable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration in a fast paced Agile environment.
- Expertise in object oriented design/programming preferably Java and Spring frameworks.
- Fast prototyping skills and familiarity with scripting languages such as Python/Perl/Bash/Awk.
- Experience in working with large-scale and distributed systems that serve massive concurrent requests
- Experience with full-stack web app development
- Exposure to SQL/noSQL databases.
- Ability to debug/optimize web interactions.
- A passion for gaming, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Familiarity with web infrastructure and operational technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Grafana and using AWS services
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum based development environments.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-15 17:40:15.49
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.