Commercial Intern, Markets
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 170624
Position Title: Intern General
Paid Commercial Intern, Markets
Guildford, United Kingdom
Application closing date: 29th January 2022
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- You are studying in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree
- Available to commence a full-time, 1 year placement in summer 2022
- Available and eligible to work in Guildford, UK, without the need for visa or relocation support
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific placement.
Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO)
We are Electronic Arts’ Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere.
We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play.
The Challenge Ahead
A fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the leading global interactive entertainment software company. You will help maximize EA’s potential by supporting the UKI Commercial team, working closely with multiple partners, including the UKI team’s high-profile retailers and creative agencies.
What a Commercial & Retail Marketing Intern does at EA
Retail Marketing Responsibilities include:
- Brief agencies for new artwork for point of sale (POS), in-store and online assets and above the line (ATL) campaigns
- Approve retailer assets ensuring full compliance with EA’s branding and legal guidelines
- Support relationships with retail customers - communicating latest franchise assets, maintaining enhanced product pages on their websites and ensuring the websites comply with brand guidelines
POS & Merchandise:
- Manage game box sleeve production and delivery with EA’s printing partner
- Support the UKI Retail Marketing team in the creation, approval, production and distribution of all POS and EA-branded merchandise materials
- Forecast and track actual spend of POS and merchandise costs and raise and receipt purchase orders
Commercial Responsibilities Include:
- Produce weekly customer pre-order report
- Maintain weekly retailer Stock and Sales trackers and channel price reports across packaged and digital products
- Create new release launch decks
- Assist Commercial Team with ad-hoc projects
- Manage allocation of pre-order codes and maintain game sample tracker and distribution of promotional codes
- Provide support to the Commercial Team for events and retail customer conferences.
- Attend customer meetings
- Attend all relevant commercial meetings and capture minutes/actions
Experience we are looking for:
- An interest in working in the entertainment industry
- Experience with Excel is preferable, but not essential
- Organisational skills are necessary, and the ability to manage a dynamic workload
- Strong commercial awareness
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Enjoy taking on responsibility
- Be proactive, self-motivated, accountable, and professional
Want to see what our previous interns have worked on...
- Check out our Day in the Life of an Intern Campaign on Twitter
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Intern, Markets
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-15 15:34:51.167
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.