Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 170509
Position Title: Principal Game Designer I
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive Montreal is looking for a Narrative Director to join us in the early stages of an exciting new project where story plays a central role. The Narrative Director will report to the Creative Director and is instrumental in creating the narrative experience of our game, from ensuring the quality of the story itself to how that story is told. You will collaborate directly with the creative leadership and the narrative team to conceptualize and bring rich story-driven content to life.
- Establish, communicate, and champion the narrative direction for the game both internally and externally.
- Build a robust understanding of our game world, characters, and lore, serving as a key resource for others on the team
- Guide the ideation process as we develop storylines, characters, and narrative systems.
- Provide direction and feedback to our writing and narrative design teams to ensure both cohesion and quality.
- Unify narrative goals with gameplay goals and structure
- Collaborate with the Level Design team to help bring a rich story experience through the world itself
- Be the primary external voice for the game's story with our leadership team and key partners
- Partner with the Narrative Producer to lead casting, recording, and mocap sessions
- Support and encourage a mindset of diversity and inclusion not just in the workplace, but in the content we create.
- Strong command of the English language
- 8+ years of writing or narrative design experience in the video game industry.
- Experience as a narrative director or lead writer on a AAA game.
- Experience coaching a team of writers or designers.
- Experience managing quality, consistency, and coherency across a team of writers or designers.
- Understand the challenges of creating narrative content for an open world experience.
- Bring your experience and passion for narrative to help shape the culture of a team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional training.
Community / Marketing Title: Narrative Director
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 167
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.