Narrative Director - MOTIVE
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 170509
Position Title: Principal Game Designer I
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive Montreal is looking for a Narrative Director to join us in the early stages of an exciting new project where story plays a central role. The Narrative Director will report to the Creative Director and is instrumental in creating the narrative experience of our game, from ensuring the quality of the story itself to how that story is told. You will collaborate directly with the creative leadership and the narrative team to conceptualize and bring rich story-driven content to life.
- Establish, communicate, and champion the narrative direction for the game both internally and externally.
- Build a robust understanding of our game world, characters, and lore, serving as a key resource for others on the team
- Guide the ideation process as we develop storylines, characters, and narrative systems.
- Provide direction and feedback to our writing and narrative design teams to ensure both cohesion and quality.
- Unify narrative goals with gameplay goals and structure
- Collaborate with the Level Design team to help bring a rich story experience through the world itself
- Be the primary external voice for the game's story with our leadership team and key partners
- Partner with the Narrative Producer to lead casting, recording, and mocap sessions
- Support and encourage a mindset of diversity and inclusion not just in the workplace, but in the content we create.
- Strong command of the English language
- 8+ years of writing or narrative design experience in the video game industry.
- Experience as a narrative director or lead writer on a AAA game.
- Experience coaching a team of writers or designers.
- Experience managing quality, consistency, and coherency across a team of writers or designers.
- Understand the challenges of creating narrative content for an open world experience.
- Bring your experience and passion for narrative to help shape the culture of a team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional training.
Community / Marketing Title: Narrative Director - MOTIVE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-09 18:34:48.52
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.