Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 170509
Position Title: Principal Game Designer I
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive Montreal is looking for a Narrative Director to join us in the early stages of an exciting new project where story plays a central role. The Narrative Director will report to the Creative Director and is instrumental in creating the narrative experience of our game, from ensuring the quality of the story itself to how that story is told. You will collaborate directly with the creative leadership and the narrative team to conceptualize and bring rich story-driven content to life.
- Establish, communicate, and champion the narrative direction for the game both internally and externally.
- Build a robust understanding of our game world, characters, and lore, serving as a key resource for others on the team
- Guide the ideation process as we develop storylines, characters, and narrative systems.
- Provide direction and feedback to our writing and narrative design teams to ensure both cohesion and quality.
- Unify narrative goals with gameplay goals and structure
- Collaborate with the Level Design team to help bring a rich story experience through the world itself
- Be the primary external voice for the game's story with our leadership team and key partners
- Partner with the Narrative Producer to lead casting, recording, and mocap sessions
- Support and encourage a mindset of diversity and inclusion not just in the workplace, but in the content we create.
- Strong command of the English language
- 8+ years of writing or narrative design experience in the video game industry.
- Experience as a narrative director or lead writer on a AAA game.
- Experience coaching a team of writers or designers.
- Experience managing quality, consistency, and coherency across a team of writers or designers.
- Understand the challenges of creating narrative content for an open world experience.
- Bring your experience and passion for narrative to help shape the culture of a team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional training.
Community / Marketing Title: Narrative Director
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-12-09 18:34:48.52
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。