Senior Technical Designer - Dragon Age
Multiple Locations: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 170472
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Senior Technical Designer
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- As a Senior Technical Designer, you will set directions to create reusable content pieces used by our Design team to create mission content.
- Develop high-quality content experiences and tools for the design teams.
- Communicate requests and issues to the Technical Design team.
- Communicate with the Design team on best practices using Technical Design assets and their status.
- Collaborate with all other departments on design needs with a focus on support with various programming, art, audio, and animation departments.
- Collaborate with production on scheduling and identifying dependencies.
- Work with other Technical Designers on best practices and training materials for the Design teams.
- Experience as a Senior Technical Designer on game projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of design principles and the workflows needed to achieve them.
- Experience working with logic structures with a focus on reuse and modularity.
- A creative mind - be able to come up with interesting and original ideas.
- Experience working with visual scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint.
- Working knowledge of standard industry game engines and design toolsets.
- Good understanding of action and RPG gameplay mechanics.
- Willingness to be open and flexible when collaborating with others to achieve a design.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a broader team.
- Some experience with a scripting language or coding language is an asset.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Designer - Dragon Age
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-09 23:33:41.257
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.