Director of Engineering
Multiple Locations: Toronto, ON, Canada • Montreal, QC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Edmonton, AB, Canada • Georgia, USA
Requisition Number: 170392
Position Title: Technical Director I
Director of Engineering, Data Engineering
We Are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The EA Studios Data and Insights group (SDI) brings both quantitative and qualitative insights to the entire company (including all game teams) through Studio Analytics, Data Engineering and Data Science. The Analytics Solutions team is the engineering branch of SDI and develops and improves our Studios data technical capabilities to bring data insights right to the studio partners' fingertips.
The Studios Analytics Solutions team is looking for a Director of Engineering for the Data Engineering team with extensive experience in the data and analytics space. Reporting to Sr. Technical Director, you will be responsible for leading the data engineering team to design and deliver scalable data solutions used across EA portfolio.
What you’ll do
- Build and manage a team of talented data engineers with the ability to pioneer in the data space.
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of the data engineering team including design, architecture, features, data needs guidance with internal partners and with executives
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with strategic partners and clients
- Collaborate with infrastructure, architects, and product teams to deliver high value solution
- Manage technical risks and opportunities
- Establish robust data engineering standards and processes across the engineering team
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead elite analytics and data engineering team members
- Assess the latest products for their potential value and make recommendations for new technologies.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
Ideally you have
- Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience in the Data/Analytics industry
- Minimum of 5 years managing highly technical resources and engineers in the Data/Analytics industry
- Ability to translate business concepts into a technical architecture
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and develop roadmaps
- Passionate about data and technology with focus on customer satisfaction
- Excellent personal organization, ability to prioritize, proactively drive projects to completion
- Experience developing new talent
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-01 21:18:48.183
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.