Software Engineer II
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 170332
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Software Engineer II - DRE
DRE are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are seeking a passionate individual to join DRE at EA Shanghai as a Build/DevOps Engineer.
- Collaborate with other engineers to maintain and enhance a robust build pipeline supporting multiple platforms
- Assist with code and data integration strategy and Perforce branch structure
- Create, modify, and maintain build pipelines and workflow tools
- Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
- Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
- Work as a technical liaison between the development teams to address build system issues and improvements
We operate in a broad and dynamic technical environment. Candidates with experience in software development will be well-regarded, and exposure to a range of DevOps tools & technologies is a bonus.
- OO programming languages (e.g. Java)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl)
- Source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Build pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Configuration Management and Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Cloud deployments (e.g. to AWS, Azure, Google)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Orchestration tools (e.g. Puppet, Terraform)
- System administration (e.g. Linux, Windows, VMware)
- Telemetry and monitoring systems (e.g. ELK, Splunk, DataDog)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Strong verbal and written English
- Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel to EA offices in Canada if required
- Prior experience in gaming or mobile development industries is a bonus
- Active interest in the DevOps movement
- Active contributor to the Open Source community
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-01 17:25:35.043
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.