Senior Development Director - Sports Tech
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 170322
Position Title: Sr DD
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Reporting to the VP – Head of Technology for EA SPORTS, the Senior Development Director for our EA SPORTS Tech organization will play an important role in our leadership team. You will be a key leader for our organization in the operations space and will provide supervisory oversight and support to our teams working on cutting edge character motion, machine learning, game security, dev ops, as well as long lead feature and technology development for all Sports titles. EA SPORTS Tech is a global organization, with teams in 8+ locations across EA. You are right for this role if you are passionate about solving difficult and fast-moving problems. You can effectively collaborate, communicate, and motivate, often across business units and with peers or partners in other parts of the business. Your greatest strengths are building strong relationships, strategic thinking, and strong execution. You like to be challenged and thinking about the future excites you.
- You will manage all aspects of the team’s operational processes, objectives, and initiatives.
- You will be responsible for the development and project management aspect, including establishing the development framework, risk management, budget and resource management, and project auditing for one or multiple projects/teams.
- You will work with the team leaders in the organization to define the overall team strategies and lead the team in execution against key deliverables.
- You will solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions to achieve results.
- You will establish regular communication channels with the team and key partners and stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and career development of your team. You will lead project managers at all levels of the organization.
- You will create, foster and support an inclusive and diverse team culture.
- You will be responsible for the program management of central strategic initiatives impacting all of
- You will ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
- Experience with Project Management (8+ years) and People Management (5+ years).
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), tools, and processes.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of highly critical projects.
- Experience managing a large project, or multiple projects including project auditing.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Jira)
- Bachelor's degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business, etc, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments.
- Flexible and agile: ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations in a highly dynamic environment.
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Possess passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; highly action oriented.
- Effective communication skills; proven ability to influence outcomes across all levels of organization.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Development Director - Sports Tech
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-01 21:13:25.133
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.