Localization Testing Coordinator
Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 170317
Position Title: Quality Analyst II
We exist to Inspire the World to Play.
We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
EA Madrid is home to our international Localization Testing comprised of computer engineers, producers, sound and linguistic specialists working to provide localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. At EA Madrid, you will find a vibrant, multicultural environment where each employee has an important role in this exciting organization.
As a Localization Testing Coordinator, reporting to the LT Manager, you will help the Loc Project Management team to manage the project; coordinate worldwide the testing team during projects but also assigning the daily tasks (providing support to the pool of testers assigned to the project.). You will also check but also ensure the quality of the localized products with EA procedures and requirements.
Main Responsabilities of the Role
- Respect EA security procedures
- Project management support
- Participate to the project preparation and tools setup
- Manage and control LT Testers' efforts (local and remote)
- Assign daily tasks to LT Testers
- Perform Bug Tracking Management tasks
- Perform Devtest Management tasks
- Support testers with Hardware/Tools knowledge/setup
- Oversee the daily status reports on the area of influence and delivery to PM
- Risk Management - Responsible for detecting, understanding, communicating, and following until resolution the risks impacting testing.
- Language Team related tasks
- Participate in recruitment
- Participate in training material creation
- Training/coaching of testers
- Department related tasks
- Involvement in taskforces or initiatives related to tools and processes improvement.
- Perform a full or partial review of the product, detect localization bugs within deadline. Fix directly in the Text Database those fixable through text changes and report and regress the others.
- Pay specific attention to guideline related bugs. Have a good knowledge of compliance implications over the area of influence
- Ensure correct bug severity evaluation, write-up of bugs and proposed corrections to facilitate bug fixing
- Follow testing and reporting processes
- Involvement in audio talents selection and support Recording Studios (DB Casting, Live casting, remote or physical attendance to recording sessions)
- Perform other assets review tasks on request and directly fix the issues when possible (Text, Audio scripts, Recorded Audio-PACO, Art check, Documentation, Videos, Newsletters, Websites, Banners)
- Provide input and ideas that could improve the LT progress as early as possible
- Inform the Loc Project Management team of any issue that may slow down, stop - or improve - the LT progress as early as possible
- Maintain strong teamwork within the team
- Perform localization test in development studios, complying with local rules and procedures
- Perform localization POC in development studios, complying with local rules and procedures
- Provide feedback on current or potential translators (QVs, TTs, TES, PML, Mosaic TFS)
LT is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity (April – November). The work load and the make-up of teams vary. It is therefore necessary that the incumbent has past experience of working in a team environment of constant change.
- Excellent mother tongue and English skills. Fluent both written and orally in both languages
- Very good knowledge in cultural areas related to EA video games (sports, WWII…)
- Advanced or in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the video games industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of video game platforms (PC, consoles & software)
- Demonstrate an organised, structured approach to testing task with eye for details
- +18 months of experience in EA LT
- Working in a multicultural team
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Community / Marketing Title: Localization Testing Coordinator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-30 10:26:53.643
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.