Software Engineer - Audio
Location: Southam, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 170246
Position Title: Assoc Software Engineer
Calling all Audio Software Engineers! We may have your next perfect career opportunity!
This is a fully remote role working with the award-winning Slightly Mad Studios audio team within Codemasters. There is also the option of working from one of our UK studios. SMS are a unique racing-focused studio having released titles under the Project Cars series to great acclaim.
Reporting to the Audio Director and the Principal Audio Engineer, you will help provide a stunning and authentic, simulation-based motorsports audio experience. We are producing high-quality next gen games with an acute focus on realism and immersion coupled with a 360-degree audio presentation for VR, Dolby Atmos and other spatial platforms. This is a creative role that offers the freedom to explore your ideas and you will be encouraged to bring new techniques and suggestions to the table.
Your technical skills will be developed whilst working as part of an experienced team working on a custom game engine. This can be challenging, working with custom tech, although we do use Wwise middleware. You will create detailed audio simulation models of sounds associated with racing games. For example, using granular synthesis for vehicle audio reproduction. You will introduce and contribute to other more procedural systems, dynamic acoustic systems, dialogue pipelines and spatial audio/ambisonics pipelines.
Whilst not essential, if you are a "petrol-head", love racing games or perhaps you are in to exotic high-powered thoroughbred race cars and classic circuits, then this is your dream job!
Responsibilities will include:
- Build and contribute to the tech driving a class leading audio presentation in our next and future racing titles
- Produce tools that the wider team in Codemasters/EA can use and help shape the future of many other racing titles
- Develop your audio programming skills in a team keen to push new ideas and create authentic experiences
- Work with and develop creative systems within our custom game engine to improve the audio presentation forward
You will need to have or be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Have worked in a game dev team and shipped at least one title
- Have a Computer Science, Physics or other Science degree or equivalent experience
- Be a team player, contributing new ideas
- An interest in Motorsports is desirable but you will have a passion for Game Audio, Audio technology, Acoustics and Game Development
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Audio
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-11-29 09:51:31.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。