Senior Sound Designer - DICE
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 170241
Position Title: Sr Audio Artist II
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror's Edge games.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
The DICE.Sound team is looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join them and work as part of their in-house Audio team. A Senior Sound Designer at DICE can work with any aspect of game audio. Senior Sound Designers tend to specialize towards being more creative or more technical, but the aim is to keep everyone as a generalist, but with one or two areas of extreme specialization. The Senior Sound Designer role can be very broad and can be very complex, touching many audio aspects on a single title, or just focusing on one specific area for the duration of a project. Initially you will focus on the creation and implementation of vehicle, weapon and other complex mechanical assets for high-profile, action-packed titles for the Playstation, Xbox and PC platforms.
You will report to the relevant project's Audio Director and may lead a smaller audio sub-team. You will work with, be a part of and support the associated game pod working with vehicles, weapons and mechanical hardware. You will handle all facets of this role, including the sourcing and recording of source material, designing assets, implementation, iteration, refinement, debugging and in-game mixing.
- Follow the Audio Direction and understand how each piece fits into and supports a readable, consistent, quality soundscape, by creating assets and implementations that live up to the creative and technical aspirations.
- Oversee the sound design, and possibly lead an audio sub team, for a substantial area of a title.
- Ensure you understand the tasks and context, to balance effort and quality against the intended purpose of the asset. Produce audio for the game to quality, within the planned budget and to an agreed schedule.
- Ask for and act on feedback concerning your work. Also provide and act on feedback within the sound team, with a focus on audio execution.
- Be structured; estimate your work, update plans, submit good data into the branch.
- As a part of the Audio team provide and respond to Audio feedback and be an active mixer for your assets and provide feedback on the title's overall mix.
- Experience of sourcing, creating and implementing quality sound assets in a AAA title, from both a creative and technical standpoint especially vehicles or weapons.
- A solid appreciation and understanding of how sound works in real-life, with a sense for realism and believability, but able to favor readability to support gameplay.
- Developed artistic qualities; excellent at interpreting reference and following direction.
- Desire to develop your implementation, design, editing and engineering skills.
- Proficient with common studio hardware, editing techniques and software such as Reaper, Sound Forge, Waves, Fabfilter and IzoTope RX.
- Experience with technical workflows and integrating audio into the game environment using the tools at hand. Creating with efficiency, and being mindful of performance constraints.
- Knowledge of audio middleware, e.g. WWISE, FMOD, Unity and Unreal
- Knowledge of graphical audio programming, e.g. Reaktor, Max-MSP, Pure Data, is a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills.
As part of your application, please provide:
- An up-to-date resume and cover letter
- A show-reel demonstrating your skills
- As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a work assignment.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Sound Designer - DICE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-24 20:05:02.077
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.