Art Director - 3D Character美术总监 - 3D角色
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 170236
Position Title: Associate Art Director
At EA China Studio, we are committed to creating extraordinary high-quality mobile games based on EA's top IPs, including FIFA, Need for Speed, Plants Vs Zombies. We value innovation, autonomy, and collaboration in our culture. At EA we work fast and smart ensure the delivery of best quality products in Asia. We are always eager to try new things and can involve fast from past experiences. We have fun with our coworkers and highly respect our commitment of healthy work-life balance.
We are seeking an Art Director who is passionate about creating high-quality, stylized realism game art and is eager to join us in our desire to push quality to the next level. As an Art Director at EA China Studio, you will help the dev team create more legend characters/weapons and culturalized content to life. This role will report to our Studio Art Director. You'll be working closely with the China dev team and EA internal/external teams on the multi-art pipelines.
- Ensure all content achieves the high standards set by Apex Legends. Take lead in producing high-quality artwork including weapon, character, and live service contents, setting creative and technical standards, and determining the best tools and techniques to use.
- Define brand for each live service content and execution in high-quality on time.
- Work with Studio Art Director and producers to manage, maintain, and support the visual style that is established for the project.
- Influences projects/teams across all art domains; Works on complex domain tasks with multiple dependencies and interconnections for concept art and animations.
- Assist with Tech Art and Engineering in planning and implementing our art pipeline.
- Manage vendors and oversee outsourced art production.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Senior character 3D Artist or Lead Artist role in games industry, with profound experience and knowledge of creating character, weapon and related assets.
- Familiarity with FPS games.
- Strong Maya or similar 3D modeling software.
- Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush from scratch.
- Expert knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows.
- Experience with Substance Painter.
- Have a good understanding of art-related disciplines - concepting, animation, rigging, visual effects, or technical art.
- Have a good understanding of the technology used in game design and development, its capabilities, and limitations.
- Passion for collaboration with other departments, artists, designers, and programmers
- Experience in working with outsource art studios and other external vendors.
- Passionate about games and have well understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play.
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director - 3D Character美术总监 - 3D角色
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-02 06:51:19.97
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.