Associate Development Manager
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 170231
Position Title: Contingent
Our Associate Development Managers provide support to our teams, so that they are coordinated, focussed and aware of their teams’ needs in relation to a project’s needs.
As an Associate Development Manager at Criterion you will be expected to bring passion, curiosity and a flexibility to support small teams to excel. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the challenges that exist in the development of game software and have a desire to find routes through all of the intricate and nuanced issues that successful software projects go through.
A Criterion Associate Development Manager shows a curious nature presenting an openness and generosity that will help inspire their teams along with the ability to reflect a calm, patient presence in a highly charged and stressful development environment.
- Work with project partners to establish and assign tasks from defined project goals. Point of contact for project partners and development team leaders for tracking defined work deliverables
- Partner with team leads to represent the work in backlogs support services and talent to meet project goals
- Determine the talent available can meet the tasks and project requirements
- Assess and mitigate risk for the team's assigned scope allocated talent
- Partner with product owners, tech and craft leads to resolve problems that surface for the team.
- Represent the DD craft in stand-ups and backlog planning meetings when needed
- Work with experts of your team and ensure any workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and the team understands expectations on the development processes for onboarding and supporting team talent are anticipated and planned
- Develop working relationships with the immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project.
- A demonstrable passion to listen, support and coach problem solve a team to success and a curiosity to find the best solution for that moment
- An understanding of game development, what is involved and what goes wrong
- A knowledge of several project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Experience of working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Ability to inspire, influence and communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to communicate effectively with game and feature leadership
- Good understanding in or open to mastering the understanding of game development
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-26 09:00:44.557
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.