Location: Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 170230
Position Title: DM
EA PDG（Partner Development Group）is looking for a Development Manager to participate in the development and support of multiple AAA projects on mobile. This role will report to Development Director.
EA PDG is a department responsible for IP-licensed game development and external team collaboration research and development, using EA’s storied brands and IP to develop new mobile experiences that will reach a global audience. In this team, you will encounter different types of projects, with various approaches to cooperate with partners.
At PDG, we are committed to creating extraordinary high-quality mobile games based on EA's top IPs, including FIFA, Need for Speed, Plants Vs Zombies. We value innovation, autonomy, and collaboration in our culture.
At EA we work fast and smart ensure the delivery of best quality products in Asia and around the globe. We are always eager to try new things and can involve fast from past experiences. We have fun with our coworkers and highly respect our commitment of healthy work-life balance.
- Responsibility for establishing the overall project development structure and guide the project team to proceed;
- Build up and maintain the project roadmap/schedule with estimation of the scope of work;
- Determine the resource plan to meet the product requirements;
- Implement and monitor the cycle of each development process, support team as needed;
- Produce regular report and ensure the deliverables on time and on quality;
- Managing budget for procurement, travel and outsourcing;
- Find and address risks during the whole project cycle;
- Communicating to project partners including oversea partners on status update, resources, schedule, dependencies, risks and processes.
- Ensures adequate equipment, tools and support are provided for team members;
- Enhances personal understanding of the production process and actively offers input;
- Provides input for departmental planning (i.e. resource planning, cost estimates etc.); can facilitate process improvements across departments;
- 5+ years Project Management experience in gaming industry; 3+ years of leadership experience (line management);
- Experiences on managing projects in SCRUM.
- Strong mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Educational background: Bachelors or above. Degree in Computer Science is a plus.
- PMP Certification an asset.
- Fluent English and Mandarin skills.
- Often traveling is needed
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 18
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.