C++ Physics Engineer - Frostbite
Multiple Locations: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania • Guildford, England, United Kingdom • Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland • Sweden
Requisition Number: 170227
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Frostbite in Guildford is a growing team that plays an important role in the engine that EA has developed to empower game makers in the company. We focus on building an outstanding cross-platform physics engine and features that directly inspire creativity in EA's franchises such as FIFA, Dragon Age, and Battlefield. This is developed using an internal Open Source model that invites our best engineers to contribute.
We are looking for a Software Engineers to join our team in Frostbite UK. You'll work as part of a small team, directly engaged with game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, iPhone, iPad, Android, and new platforms as they emerge.
You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager.
- You will collaborate in a distributed team on the continued development of our collision, rigid body simulation, cloth, destruction, character physics, and other libraries.
- You will develop tools, workflows, and user interfaces to empower game makers.
- You will complete all aspects of software engineering including debugging, documentation and optimization.
- You will work with our customers to understand their needs and support their highest priority features and requirements.
- You will build engineering skills and physics simulation knowledge with experienced team members.
- You will participate in ensuring that our designs are simple, backed up with great documentation (to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance)
- 2+ years of experience with C++
- Experience with numerical methods, simulation, and mathematics.
- Advanced background in real-time systems & multiple hardware platforms – preferably game platform hardware.
Bonus Qualification (one or more is helpful):
- Knowledge of game physics and animation
- WPF and other GUI design experience
- Graphics or Video experience e.g. Image Processing, codecs, OpenGL, Direct3D, DirectX.
- Evidence of delivering tools and workflows at an enterprise-level e.g. using C# and WPF (or similar) to develop complex applications, and to empower content creators.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) project management and software development methodology.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Physics Engineer - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-24 13:36:51.28
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.