Senior Royalty Analyst
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 170185
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
The Challenge Ahead:
The Senior Royalty Analyst and team manages all worldwide license and development contracts pertaining to product development for all Studios, as well as, third party and distribution. Global Royalty Accounting’s direct internal business partners are Studio Finance, Corporate Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Affairs and Legal. The group manages over 800 contracts.
Our mission is to affect profitable business strategy and increase the influence on license and developer agreements by designing and leading effective royalty processes and by providing timely insights. Critical processes owned include global monthly royalty calculations for accruals and estimated royalty rates, compilations of external statements & payments, interaction with external auditors and 3rd party auditors and business partners’ support.
What a Senior Royalty Analyst does at EA:
- Responsible for the accurate review, interpretation and set-up of development and licensing contracts.
- Interpreting contractual terms and conditions
- Setting-up & updating contracts in the Alliant Royalty System
- Assessing capitalization feasibility as it pertains to EA’s Policy
- Analyzing effective versus contractual royalty rates
- Calculating development expensed advance amortization, if applicable
- Ensure 100% compliance to all financial commitments and obligations. This includes:
- Prepaid advances
- Development milestone payments
- Minimum guarantees
- Monthly or quarterly royalty disbursements
- Marketing and/or sponsorship fees
- Publisher assistance
- Responsible for enhancing Royalty Accounting’s relationships with internal and external business partners as it relates to the EA Studios
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Assist in monthly forecasting and annual planning process for Royalties
- Support 3rd. parties licensors & developers audits
- Assist on compilation of management reporting packages & analysis
- Prepare and maintain assigned audit schedules
- Responsible for reconciliation of Prepaid Royalties and Royalty Payable Accounts
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and distribution of assigned Royalty Accounting reports to business partners
- Special projects as assigned, these include, but are not limited to, ad hoc reporting for internal business partners, specifically Business Affairs, Legal and Finance.
- Assess Royalty Accounting processes, procedures and policies on a continuous basis and make recommendations where appropriate for process improvements
Behaviors / Competencies:
- Disciplined self-starter with passion, energy & enthusiasm to drive results
- Detail oriented & able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong drive for data integrity, process definition and alignment
- Effective written & verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Strong ability to work independently as well as to support team activities
- Views challenges as opportunities
The next great EA Senior Royalty Analyst also needs:
- Min 3 years of accounting experience
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel) and Oracle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA or MBA a plus)
- Royalty agreements and accounting experience a plus
- Interest in system, system admin/support a plus
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Royalty Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-29 19:37:35.243
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.