Lead Narrative Designer
위치: San Francisco, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 170147
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
As Lead Narrative Designer, you will be leading the narrative team for one of the most successful mobile games of all time, Kim Kardashian Hollywood. This is an exciting opportunity, as you’ll have a chance to work with a world-class, fun, and friendly team on a product that has had over 65M downloads to date and is currently seeing a huge resurgence in popularity and growth!
In this role, you’ll help mentor, grow, and guide a highly creative small team of Narrative Designers to create, develop, and implement content-driven experiences for our players. You’ll be accountable for overseeing and driving narrative work from conception through to execution - bringing new, exciting stories to life and supporting gameplay that players will love, while driving measurable success for our business. We operate this game as a continual live service for our players and we strive to create something new, fun, and exciting for them every day!
You will play an integral creative role on the leads team, collaborating to inform the narrative direction of this product and potential new products. We are looking for someone with a real passion for working on games targeting a female audience, as well as knowledge of and enthusiasm for fashion and pop culture. This role, and most of the development team, is based in Toronto.
- Plan and oversee the creation of the narrative content for each monthly update of the game
- Brainstorm and collaborate with the Art Director and Narrative Director to concept and plan the themes for each update
- Produce deliverables such as schedules, design documents, and marketing materials
- Set up and manage tasks for the narrative team
- Collaborate and communicate with other department leads to support game features and art as needed
- Develop new initiatives that impact specific game metrics, then adapt based on the results
- Collaborate with engineers to build and improve tools for content creation
- Conceptualize and execute on high level strategies around how to measure success for existing content and how to improve it
- Document and verbally present monthly content plans to the full game team
- 5+ years as a Narrative Designer/Game Writer, 1+ years at a senior or lead level
- Proven leadership abilities and teamwork skills
- High level of creative energy and enthusiasm, ability to generate unique ideas quickly and on the fly, willingness to “throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks” and take educated risks
- Ability to communicate ideas verbally and in writing, providing feedback and discussing creative direction with a constructive and diplomatic approach
- Tremendous understanding of narrative in games and the ability to think from the player’s perspective
- Superb written communication skills (English) and dialogue/scriptwriting skills
- Proficiency with office suites/software (primarily spreadsheets, word-processors, and diagramming/charts)
- A firm grasp of scheduling and task management
- A desire to innovate and to go above and beyond in pursuit of excellence
- A passion for making games and entertainment, and awareness of current trends
- A relevant bachelor's degree or diploma
- An understanding of programming basics
- Interest and experience in casual story and/or role-playing games
Nice to Have
- Experience with Unity for future development
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Narrative Designer
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2021-11-30 19:17:13.587
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.