Lead Narrative Designer
Posizione: San Francisco, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 170147
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
As Lead Narrative Designer, you will be leading the narrative team for one of the most successful mobile games of all time, Kim Kardashian Hollywood. This is an exciting opportunity, as you’ll have a chance to work with a world-class, fun, and friendly team on a product that has had over 65M downloads to date and is currently seeing a huge resurgence in popularity and growth!
In this role, you’ll help mentor, grow, and guide a highly creative small team of Narrative Designers to create, develop, and implement content-driven experiences for our players. You’ll be accountable for overseeing and driving narrative work from conception through to execution - bringing new, exciting stories to life and supporting gameplay that players will love, while driving measurable success for our business. We operate this game as a continual live service for our players and we strive to create something new, fun, and exciting for them every day!
You will play an integral creative role on the leads team, collaborating to inform the narrative direction of this product and potential new products. We are looking for someone with a real passion for working on games targeting a female audience, as well as knowledge of and enthusiasm for fashion and pop culture. This role, and most of the development team, is based in Toronto.
- Plan and oversee the creation of the narrative content for each monthly update of the game
- Brainstorm and collaborate with the Art Director and Narrative Director to concept and plan the themes for each update
- Produce deliverables such as schedules, design documents, and marketing materials
- Set up and manage tasks for the narrative team
- Collaborate and communicate with other department leads to support game features and art as needed
- Develop new initiatives that impact specific game metrics, then adapt based on the results
- Collaborate with engineers to build and improve tools for content creation
- Conceptualize and execute on high level strategies around how to measure success for existing content and how to improve it
- Document and verbally present monthly content plans to the full game team
- 5+ years as a Narrative Designer/Game Writer, 1+ years at a senior or lead level
- Proven leadership abilities and teamwork skills
- High level of creative energy and enthusiasm, ability to generate unique ideas quickly and on the fly, willingness to “throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks” and take educated risks
- Ability to communicate ideas verbally and in writing, providing feedback and discussing creative direction with a constructive and diplomatic approach
- Tremendous understanding of narrative in games and the ability to think from the player’s perspective
- Superb written communication skills (English) and dialogue/scriptwriting skills
- Proficiency with office suites/software (primarily spreadsheets, word-processors, and diagramming/charts)
- A firm grasp of scheduling and task management
- A desire to innovate and to go above and beyond in pursuit of excellence
- A passion for making games and entertainment, and awareness of current trends
- A relevant bachelor's degree or diploma
- An understanding of programming basics
- Interest and experience in casual story and/or role-playing games
Nice to Have
- Experience with Unity for future development
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Narrative Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Date Opened: 2021-11-30 19:17:13.587
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.