C++ Generalist Software Engineer - FIFA
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 170136
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Career mode engineers work on the FIFA most played offline mode. As part of this team, you will work on the tech, tools and frameworks that form the foundation of the Career and Tournament modes along with developing new features every year. You'll participate in architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You'll have the chance to work in a dynamic team and develop interesting features.
You will report to the Development Director.
- You will design new features or new additions to existing features within Career Manager, Career Player, and all types of Tournament modes
- You will work with Production, Game Designers, and Interface Designers, to gather requirements and write technical design specifications. Propose tech solutions for low to medium complexity features and discuss them with the team lead
- You will monitor performance and Career Mode stability impact from your changes and address any issues that may arise. You will investigate complex and hard to debug issues and provide tech solutions for addressing them
- You will oversee your piece of feature/sub-feature entirely. This often means you will oversee implementing the core logic, game flows, and UI screen plus any UI custom components that are required
- You will report your progress to the Career Mode's lead and team manager
- You will be part of a dynamic team focused on bringing high-quality features, tools, and frameworks that form the foundation of the Career and Tournament modes along with developing new features every year
- Object-oriented programming experience of OO design principles
- 4+ years of experience in C++ software development
- Experience with debugging complex bugs
- Experience in ActionScript
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Generalist Software Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-20 01:12:32.173
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.