Senior Director Engineering, Social and Marketplace Platform
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 170126
Position Title: Head of Engineering
Reporting to the SVP of EADP, the Sr. Director of Social and Marketplace will promote EA's technical strategy for our core in-game social and marketplace strategies, in close coordination with our gaming studios and other CTO partners. You will lead a global engineering team in building our virtual economy platform, social platform, positive play products, interoperability layer and core platform for running live services. You will also work with peers in EADP to bring outstanding central technology offering for the game studios at EA. You will ensure that EA games have excellent solutions available to them.
- Set the vision, goals, and overall direction for EADP's marketplace and social products. Inspire the team to delight our customers.
- Build relationships with leaders across our game studios and be an expert in this space.
- Guide and evaluate the work of the team through the lens of delighting our internal customers.
- Provide products to enhance online experiences for players and improve game studios' development efficiency in building their games and operating their live services.
- Build a healthy culture with a focus on delivering value to our game studios, building lasting partnerships, and maintaining a sense of empathy.
- Shape people's careers as you mentor your team to help them build great products and reach their full potential.
- Work with your peers and the product management team to influence and guide strategy for the larger EADP organization.
- 10+ years of experience in the gaming space.
- 8+ years leading impactful engineering teams.
- Experience working in high technology services and support (e.g., online services, software, web technologies).
- Passionate about customer needs and focus: responsive to the needs of our studios and customers.
- Preferably experience building or working with virtual economies and social networks.
- The ability to translate tactical customer asks into a strategic vision for your portfolio.
- Skills at promoting agreement across a range of different opinions and interests; experienced at building agreement within federated, complex environments with a specific goal of promoting an enterprise-wide strategy across EA's divisions.
- Can envision and build a new and inspiring direction that ensures EA is building the right thing with creative differentiators that improve impact.
- Knowledge of core online gameplay experiences - seen as an expert in the field.
- You take high-level direction and manage team execution within an iterative software development model.
- Exhibit a history of embracing working within a creative, technology enabled atmosphere in which fun and entertainment remain the central themes
- Background in planning and delivering in an large industry or organization across geographic boundaries
- Establish and translate a vision into plans
- Experience leading large organizations across time zones
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director Engineering, Social and Marketplace Platform
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-19 15:30:52.893
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.