Director Org Effectiveness
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 170121
Position Title: Director, LEAP
Director, Org Effectiveness and Team Performance
Redwood City, CA
Director, Organization Effectiveness and Team Performance
Why this is a good position for you
EA is in the midst of a transformation, as we aim to both maximize many of the changes that have occurred in the games industry while defining our industry's future as we promote profound changes in how games are developed, brought to market, and played around the world.
Reporting to the Head of Organizational Effectiveness and Team Performance, your primary role will be of the Organizational Effectiveness and Team Performance partner to support important company transformation work. You will focus on three primary areas: Organizational Effectiveness, Team Performance, and Change Management. Because of the changes that EA is driving in the games industry, you will be a playing an essential role to accelerate agreement on our people, structure and processes. This involves integrating different functions, defining and driving better processes, as well as coaching and aligning teams and leaders to achieve their strategy.
But don't worry – you won't be on an island! Not only will you be a part of the larger LEAP (Learning, Engagement, Analytics and Performance) team, but within that, you'll also be a valued member of the Organizational Effectiveness & Team Performance group. Together, this group maintains a holistic view of the ongoing strategic and change efforts occurring across EA. Because of that, we can better support our clients and one another in our efforts. This will include working with team members on projects, mentoring team members and supporting (or receiving support from) colleagues on how to best improve the business. You will work with an experienced team with a passion for our craft and dedicated to fulfilling EA's vision: striving to be the world's greatest games company.
- Lead multiple organization change efforts affecting multiple levels of partners throughout the organization. Provide analysis, expertise, team facilitation and solutions.
- Provide organization effectiveness services for strategic programs within one or more major departments
- Be an organization strategy consultant and content expert to leadership.
- Ensure agreement of business goals/strategy with organizational strategy and design
- Assess and diagnose organization issues, including business process re-design, feedback systems, culture change.
- Partner with Executives and HR leaders to improve team performance
- Assist leadership teams within your partner business unit(s) with their development, effectiveness and evolution
- In partnership with the HRBP, coach teams, ensure effective decision-making, better navigate conflict, and achieve clarity on team goals and contribution to our organization.
- Help leadership teams within your remit achieve and maintain strategic direction and make choices against those
- Ensure that leadership teams are aligned around foundational elements of teaming, including mission, behaviors, and how they can best work together.
- Positively contribute the OE team environment and support your team members in their delivery of goals
- Change management consulting and support to ensure implementation, including design and facilitation, action planning, and sustainment measurement
- Coach leaders on how to be better change leaders and integrate best practices and frameworks into their leadership behaviors
Experience and qualifications
- Consulting Experience
- Manage end-to-end consulting engagements (internal or external)
- You will have worked as an internal or external consultant in situations that required you to build a business case, sell work to a client, contract to establish your role, diagnose challenges, create an action plan and implement solutions.
- Use data, analytics and a research-based approach throughout the consulting process to support recommendations with partners and to create measurable results.
- Understand what it takes for an organization to make extremely challenging transformations and how to help build the capabilities needed for success.
- Understand complex situations, team dynamics, and provide meaningful, useful solutions for leaders and teams to see meaningful change
- Excellent meeting and team facilitation skills
- Build collaborative alliances and trusted relationships with leaders and teams in the pursuit of driving organization change.
- Comfort working with people with different styles, and ability to navigate and endure learning situations where interactions and outcomes do not go as planned.
- Experience partnering and communicating at all levels in the organization.
- Experience as a hands-on, contributing member of a team in a performance-driven company.
- Prefer 10+ years in Change Management, Organization Effectiveness or Organizational Development
- Expertise in business transformation, understanding organization, team, and leadership challenges, and how to solve them.
- Project management capability
- Bachelor's degree required, Advanced degree with an emphasis in OD, Organizational Psychology, or a related field is ideal.
- Relevant certifications preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Director Org Effectiveness
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-30 17:46:08.35
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.