DevOps Engineer (Temporary)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 170120
Position Title: Software Engineer I
DRE are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for someone to join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) in Vancouver, Canada or as a remote resource in North America time zone, as a DevOps Engineer and provide excellent services to our internal partner development teams. This engineer will report to our remote Engineering Manager.
- Work as a technical liaison with partner development teams to address build, infrastructure and CI/CD related issues
- Maintain existing CI/CD pipeline
- Manage and implement CI/CD improvement initiatives
- Work with team-mates to maintain and enhance an automation pipeline
- Monitor and address automated systems issues
- Manage and troubleshoot on-premise datacenter & cloud virtual infrastructure, including deploying and monitoring VMs/Containers
- Report regular status on assigned tasks and identify project issues
- CI/CD automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab)
- Experience with Maven/NPM
- Cloud environments (e.g. to AWS, Azure, Google)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Container orchestration and microservice management tools (e.g Kubernetes)
- System administration (e.g. OSX, Linux, Windows, VMware)
- Monitoring Tools (e.g. Loggly, Sentry, Datadog)
- Infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Chef, Ansible)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Content Delivery Network(e.g. Akamai, Cloudfront)
- Experience with secrets management tools (e.g. Hashicorp Vault)
- Experience with artifact management tools (e.g. Nexus, JFrog Artifactory)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiar with agile methodology
- Manage tasks and responsibilities
- Quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer (Temporary)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-23 18:15:39.347
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.