Asia Commercial Intelligence Director
Multiple Locations: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia • Shanghai, Shanghai, China • Seoul, Seoul, South Korea • Singapore
Requisition Number: 170097
Position Title: Principal Analyst
Director of Asia Commercial Intelligence
We are Electronic Arts' Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere.
As the Director of Asia Competitive Intelligence, you will strategically partner across Studio, Demand Planning, Business Management and Marketing. With a special focus on Emerging Markets, you will provide meaningful insights to inform commercial opportunities and shape our market expansion strategy. Working in a cross functional manner, you will lead a team supporting with studio product managers, demand planners, business management, marketing, data scientists, regional leads and analysts across the company to drive commercial innovation. You will report to the VP of Asia Publishing.
Your team will provide data sets of both an internal and external nature, balancing comparative and futurist approaches to the guidance and insights that your team provides.
We are looking for a combination of quantitative rigor, understanding what makes mobile games great while contextualizing this against market movements, externalities and competitor strategies. As the Director of Asia Commercial Intelligence, you will lead all discussions and projects that influence commercial and marketing endeavors.
- Lead a team and provide direction for in-depth research of mobile game companies, markets, technologies, and competitors using a variety of resources
- Align strategically with regional marketing and commercial teams to anticipate marketplace trends, technology adoption, competitive activity, and player needs.
- Create a structured process, incorporating primary and secondary data sources, to create actionable insights
- Act as the key internal strategic consultant to summarize recommendations on major decisions to senior leadership across multiple departments
- Ensure your team proactively distills data into concise analysis/reports and presentations, with recommendations and effects to enable decisions
- Partner with Business Management and Markets to identify and drive narratives for new platforms, partners and markets/segments
- Develop a go to market framework for bringing new mobile games to market for best commercial outcome
- Influence products across game teams through rigorous analysis and communication
- Create and own a centralized repository of all Test and learn/growth hacking programs
- 10+ years in a consulting, financial planning & analysis, business or marketing analytics role
- 5+ years of experience in downloadable or streaming content services with a preference for free to play mobile gaming
- High level of comfort with working across varied datasets and delivering insight-driven commercial analysis
- Experience leading a team
- Experience building and delivering succinct presentations to describe recommendations to an executive audience
Community / Marketing Title: Asia Commercial Intelligence Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-18 09:45:43.877
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.