LT - Linguistic Expert Russian
Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 170064
Position Title: Sr QA Tester
Last day for receiving applications is 8th December.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA inspires the world to play, and the Worldwide Localization Team makes that happen! We are accountable for delivering the high-quality localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. You will find a vibrant, multicultural environment with a great mixture of professionals. From software engineers, project managers, testers to audio, text and linguistic specialists, each employee has an important role to play. You will work on a wide variety of groundbreaking tools and systems to provide Localization to EA’s products. With business and project management modules, workflow automation, CRM, Text, Audio, Image and Video asset management technology, EA has built a cutting-edge Localization powerhouse that covers the needs for both current and next generation platforms.
Main Purpose of the Role and Considerations
Oversee the Localization quality for your language, engaging in multiple stages of the localization process starting with asset preparations continuing throughout, from LT testing start to LT Assessment, and beyond.
LT is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity (April – November). The workload and the make-up of teams vary. It is therefore necessary that you have experience working in a team environment of constant change. Reporting to the Linguistic Experts' Manager, some of the main tasks you will have with us are:
- You will ensure Localization quality meets EA high standards and is acceptable for the local market in all our Localized content.
- You will perform random audits for all titles (DB & In-Game) before and during the testing phase in the relevant language.
- You will handle specific Machine Translation Post Editing tasks for your language.
- You will provide feedback on current or potential translation sources (translators and MT) through QEs, TTs, TES, PML, Mosaic...
- You will monitor Vendor Management Mosaic (including comments) for your language and participate in follow up conversations with MLS and Vendor Management.
- You will review Marketing content for your language.
- You will be a Linguistic POC for all temporary testers for the relevant language.
- You will be a POC for Asset Loc for the corresponding language, managing Style Guides, TSLOL or any other linguistic discussions and will handle communication with translators for your language if needed.
- You will provide translations in emergency situations when the amount of strings is acceptable.
- You will suggest process improvements to help achieve optimal translation quality in the most efficient way.
- You will respect EA security procedures.
Language Team related tasks
- You will participate in recruitment and training of testers.
- You will participate in training material creation.
- You will participate in training testers.
- You will perform a full or partial review of the product, detect localization bugs within deadline. You will fix directly in the Text Database those fixable through text changes and report and regress the others.
- You will pay specific attention to guideline related bugs. You will have a good knowledge of compliance implications over your area of influence.
- You will ensure correct bug severity evaluation, write-up of bugs and proposed corrections to facilitate bug fixing.
- You will follow testing and reporting processes.
- You will be involved in audio talents selection and you will support Recording Studios (DB Casting, Live casting, remote or physical attendance to recording sessions).
- You will perform other assets review tasks on request and directly fix the issues when possible (Text, Audio scripts, Recorded Audio-PACO, Art check, Documentation, Videos, Newsletters, Websites, Banners).
- You will provide input and ideas that could improve the LT progress as early as possible.
- You will inform the Loc Project Management team of any issue that may slow down, stop - or improve - the LT progress as early as possible.
- You will maintain strong teamwork within the team.
Experience Needed and Skills
- +1 year of experience in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment.
- + 6 months of videogame industry experience.
- + 6 months of experience working in a multicultural team.
- + 6 months of experience in Localization industry.
- Excellent mother tongue and English skills (creative and business). Fluent both written and orally in both languages.
- Linguistic Specialized post-secondary degree/diploma (Philology/Translation) or work equivalent.
- Very good knowledge in cultural areas related to EA video games (sports, WWII…).
- You will need to demonstrate knowledge of the video games industry.
- You will need to demonstrate knowledge of video game platforms (PC, consoles and software).
- You will need to demonstrate knowledge of EA LoC tools (Jira, DevTrack, Mosaic, HAL, Wordbee, EAGLE, Jaas…).
- Third language will be an advantage.
Behaviors / Competencies
- Quality-focused, attention to detail.
- Organized, self-starting, proactive. Teamwork oriented.
- Strong sense of ownership, Achievement-driven.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Team player.
Connect your future to ours. Inspire. Dream. Play.
Community / Marketing Title: LT - Linguistic Expert Russian
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-17 16:25:17.253
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.