Online Software Engineer - College Football
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 170038
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Online Software Engineer will help build networked game experiences for EA Sports titles. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping, planning, implementing, and maintaining amazing new features and technology for an existing and beloved game. You will report to the Development Director and work with your Technical Lead to estimate, build and improve projects. You will be focused on delivering excellent game experiences through efficient and effective code.
- Leverage EA’s Digital Platform technologies to implement server features, components, and services.
- Create and maintain client code to support features and improve multiplayer experiences.
- Optimize client and server online systems to improve latency, reliability, scalability, performance, and memory.
- Design and iterate on architecture and infrastructure improvements for live systems and workflows.
- Work closely with partner teams to stand up and maintain online infrastructure and services for the title.
- Experience in software development with a strong C++ focus.
- Experience with networked applications or features (client/server and/or peer-to-peer).
- Experience developing in and debugging multi-threaded/concurrent architectures.
- Familiarity with database technologies (e.g. MySQL, SQL, Redis).
- Knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo game consoles.
- Experience with real-time networking--particularly peer-to-peer deterministic games.
- Experience with network optimization and improving service reliability. .
- Experience with log analysis and tools such as Splunk.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
Community / Marketing Title: Online Software Engineer - College Football
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-16 17:53:06.56
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.