Principal Game Designer - FIFA
Multiple Locations: United Kingdom • Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany • Helsinki, Finland • Galway, County Galway, Ireland • Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland • Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden • Birmingham, England, United Kingdom • Runcorn, England, United Kingdom • Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 169985
Position Title: Principal Game Designer I
I believe that working on EA Sports FIFA is both a great responsibility and opportunity. There are not many games that are global and have become part of the culture of something much wider than just games and gamers. FIFA is not only an fun and enjoyable experience, it's a way in which people talk and learn about football. It's a way in which fans connect with the sport, a common language for communication and debate, and a way of deepening their love of the game.
However, FIFA isn't just about the way that we represent the professional authentic game, although that's important. It's how we represent love of the sport in ways that capture the spirit and the emotion, not just the simulation. This requires us to think creatively about what it means to love the sport and game, and come up with new ways to feed our fans passion and live out their footballing fantasies. Career Mode allows you to take your team and achieve everything you want as a manager, Pro Clubs joins you with other individuals and allows you to experience the game as individual part of a wider collective. FIFA Ultimate Team takes a more fantasy and game related attitude towards building a team and competing with others. VOLTA allows you to express yourself in a version of football that's authentic to what YOU want to be and do, focused on the fun of playing with friends.
Our efforts to be the game that captures how fans love to interact with football means that we are constantly looking for new creative solutions that will delight our fans, and I think this is what makes it such a wonderful experience for designers. Football fans come from all parts of the world, and what they love about football and the game is incredibly diverse.
I've loved being a designer on FIFA, seeing us grow each year as a team and as a product. I genuinely feel that it's a wonderful place to be a designer, and I am excited to bring on new additions to help us continue to grow and delight our fans.
– Adam Shaikh. Group Design Director, FIFA
As a Principal Game Designer on FIFA, you will report to a Game Design Lead or Director and work within the design team to deliver features, tuning and balancing, and content creation, also helping guide and improve other designs and designers.
- Work with design leadership to help form the vision for areas of the game, and ensure that designs follow the product vision.
- Design complex systems and tuning them for specific goals.
- Inspire and motivate the team to achieve high-quality within constraints.
- Create new ideas and take external ideas and goals and working towards those.
- Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
- Use qualitive and quantitative methods to validate and improve ideas.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry.
- Experience mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- Experience of console/ AAA game development.
- Experience working on designs from initial creation through to implementation.
- Understand business models, and how design and the business model work together.
- Understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Game Designer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2021-11-15 18:39:15.997
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.