Senior Manager, Head of EU Media
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 169984
Position Title: Sr Manager, Media Buying
We’re Electronic Arts - the world’s best video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Apex, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name but a few. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists, and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about the player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are inspiring the way millions play every day. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA’s global media team crafts attention-grabbing experiences and opportunities that take our stories into the lives of all players globally. We balance the art of broad media with the science of performance-based media to deliver against short- and long-term objectives informed by data and shaped by creativity.
The Head of EU Media is responsible for bringing to life the global media strategy across the portfolio at a regional and territory level in the EU. You will bring local nuance to play, ensuring a focus on key objectives while remaining aligned to the global media strategy and driving excellence in media planning to deliver the most relevant experiences in media at the local level. You will report into the Director of Media Planning and Activation as a part of a Global Planning team structured by region.
You will lead and develop a team of regional media planners, planning alongside, and with our regional media agency teams to deliver media plans for EA’s largest franchises at the territory level. You will work collaboratively with many internal and external partners and stakeholders and is responsible for managing the creation of comprehensive media programs across EA’s franchises.
- Lead the regional media planning team and agency across the region: Galvanize the local team and agency hub to deliver smart, locally nuanced plans and activations, aligned to the global strategy. Ensure consistent and timely planning across all media channels to deliver against campaign goals, strategies, and budgets.
- Portfolio Regional Investment: Evaluate the paid media investment across the portfolio for their respective region, and globally when relevant, to identify ways to drive further efficiency of paid media. Partner closely with Finance and Billing to ensure proper tracking of plans in their region.
- Senior Partner to Local Marketing and Regional Commercial: Liaise with local marketing and commercial teams to represent media for their respective regions and ensure teams at the local level are collaborating to deliver the most effective cross-channel media plans.
- Establishing our regional target media audiences: Identify and use compelling audience insights to serve as the foundation for the regional media plans across franchises, enabling marketing and the media portion of the broader campaigns to connect more effectively with our players around the world.
- Regional Industry, Media, and Marketing Expertise: Provide clear communication to the wider EA business, local through global on key media, competitive, and cultural trends, relevant to their franchises across the EU, partnering with global media teams and regional partners on best practices for paid media and the implications of those beyond the paid channels we operate in.
- Evangelize for Paid Media internally at EA: Senior advocate for paid media as a key growth driver for the portfolio at the regional level. Arms those regional stakeholders with opportunities and considerations for paid media by franchise to continually drive growth for the business across their regions.
- Develop Regional Media Artifacts: Provide Local Market Thought Leadership, Manage the local media budgets, Regional Competitive Reporting and ensure the regional media team is able to deliver local media plans and reporting ensuring alignment across multiple stakeholders - internal and external.
- Manage and develop the team of media planners in the EU: Manage and work to develop the EU planning group as they oversee the planning and activation across regional planning for EA’s paid media campaigns.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Has a deep understanding of developing and executing regional media campaigns through the funnel that deliver data-informed media activations.
- Has the ability to lead and develop a team to deliver and activate brand-led media plans across multiple channels
- Is able to lead and motivate a diverse team and understands multiple approaches to managing and communicating with the team.
- Has a solid and proven knowledge of all media (both digital and traditional) with an understanding of how brands grow and the creative ways used to bring brands to life in an omni-channel world.
- Ability to influence senior leaders across partners - internal and external; including regional marketing, commercial and partners
- Has strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Interest and understanding of short- and long-term measurement, the strategic use first-party data, the next generation of attribution.
- Flexible and adaptable; ability to change course to meet business needs
- Ability to present and communicate across a matrix organization
- Financial acumen - experience as an accountable leader with budget ownership and proven ability to deliver efficiencies wherever possible.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Customer centric: A media expert with a customer mindset. We must excite our players and anticipate and deliver upon their needs to grow EA.
- Creative: The ability to seek out inventive imaginative approaches for every situation in order to continue to drive excitement in the plans we develop.
- Data driven decision maker: Ability to leverage data and analytics to understand where our business is now, where it needs to be, and make quality decisions to help us get there.
- Leader: Has the experience to inspire a franchise pod to translate global media strategies to extraordinary brand-led media plans across multiple channels using all the tools at their disposable to reach and excite EA’s strategic targets for multiple award-winning video game franchises.
- Media Expert: Has a solid and proven knowledge of all media (both digital and traditional) with an understanding of how brands grow and the creative ways used to bring brands to life in an omni-channel world.
- Collaborator: Can work with multiple stakeholders both internal and external to shape the direction of award-winning media programs and is able to adapt their communication style to explain the rationale behind the strategic media approach to various levels across the organization.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Head of EU Media
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-29 15:56:10.027
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.