Product Manager Intern (Summer 2022)
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 169967
Position Title: Intern General
You’re the Product Manager.
You are part of EA’s Mobile organization, helping to develop the next generation of hit mobile games. You will help us oversee product research, analysis, and feature development to ensure our games surprise and delight players worldwide, while also supporting the strategy and goals of the broader EA Mobile team. You will work with a variety of partners to help the team design products, and coordinate with your Principal Product Manager to align your enhancements to the broader EA Mobile strategy.
You’re here to build a hit mobile product for EA, so you will need to research and understand what experiences players are looking for. You’ll help guide us by gathering insights, designing creative solutions, and contributing to the product roadmap. You will analyze information from within EA, research competitor products, conduct detailed analyses and present recommendations to key stakeholders within the studio to help improve the roadmap for Battlefield Mobile and positively impact product success.
A typical day in the life of the Product Manager:
- Research trends in competitor games, ask though-provoking questions, and identify opportunities to level up our own product.
- Conduct in-depth data analyses to inform product direction and better understand how players interact with our game.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand product/feature requirements and draw on best practices from across the Mobile organization to deliver detailed technical product requirements and specifications.
- Deliver detailed and data-driven recommendations to studio partners to influence product roadmap.
You'll love this job if:
- Product Management: You want to help manage a product lifecycle including ideation, roadmaps, overseeing development, and future releases.
- Project Management: You are familiar and work well with project management teams and processes.
- Business Analysis: You can assess current state vs. future state and the gaps between the two. You can identify the cause of issues and identify impacts of changes.
- Communicator: You are great at talking through complex issues with partners and your team and can get the right outcome in meetings with your team and other partners.
- Mobile Expert: You live and breathe mobile games. You can speak knowledgeably about market trends, deeply understand mobile F2P best practices, and appreciate the challenges of operating a live service title.
- Must be available for a full-time paid internship in the summer of 2022 (May - September depending on start date). We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2022, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2022 through June 2023.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is open to graduate level applicants only (MBA preferred).
- 1+ years of experience with Product Management or similar experience
- Mastery of productivity software such as Outlook, Excel, Google Docs, etc.
- Strong data analysis skills, experience with A/B and multivariate testing preferred (SQL experience a plus)
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with project management software (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) a plus
- Familiarity with Shooter and Battle Royale genres on mobile a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager Intern (Summer 2022)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-12 22:01:42.913
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.