Senior Experience Designer
Location: Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 169958
Position Title: Sr Experience Designer
Codemasters continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in racing game experiences. Whether it’s our best-selling Official Formula 1 series or the award-winning off-road arcade racer, Dirt 5, we are always looking for ways to excite and immerse our players. We’re currently looking for a Senior Experience Designer to help create future amazing user experiences.
The ideal candidate should have a keen eye for detail, are great problem solvers and have a passion for User Interface design and experiences. The candidate will be responsible for helping create and drive the core backbone and pillars of a User Experience along with creating aesthetically pleasing User Interfaces that raise the quality bar in Design, Art and Animation for AAA Game Development. The ideal UI Artist will help lay the foundations of UI Design and implementation requirements, ensuring consistency and cohesiveness throughout the User Experience.
We are pushing the boundaries of the User Interface experience and are not afraid to try new revolutionary things, that we believe will set the standard in game development for years to come!
Ideal candidates therefore should have an exemplary history having made aesthetically-pleasing and contemporary user interfaces on the latest console platforms. We would like to see your portfolio of work.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Day-to-day tasks will be working with the Lead Principle Experience Designer, Senior Experience Designer, other core members of the UI / UX team, Code and Design to establish and maintain core UI documents, concepts and implementation
- You will be responsible for core concept and implementation requirements and ensuring assets are of shippable AAA quality using our in-house GUI tool
- Ensure the highest quality implementation is adhered to within Codemasters / Slightly Mad Studios standards. Implementation must be easily read and easily maintained, ensuring good quality of life
- You must be a great team player and have the ability to work closely and communicate with key developers throughout our development process
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Excellent Visual Design skills with a keen eye for Graphic Design, Typography, Motion Graphics and Iconography
- Excellent communication, time-management & organisational skills
- Excellent understanding of UI design
- Excellent understanding of implementing exemplary User Interfaces
- A proven track record of User Interface experience
- At least a full lifecycle shipped AAA game
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up to date with the latest UI design trends
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and any industry standard UI implementation tools. (The candidate will be using our own in-house bespoke interface implementation tool)
It would be great if you have:
- Proficiency in Adobe PremierPro
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
We can offer you an exceptional benefits package including a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, enhanced pension plan, private health care and dental plans for you and your family, 10 free games per year and much more!
We look forward to hearing from you and how you can make us even better.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Experience Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-15 16:19:29.03
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.