Director, Program Management - Gameplay Services
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169936
Position Title: Director, Program Management
Are you interested in shaping the future of interactive entertainment? Are you excited about empowering the next generation of games across all devices and platforms, helping consumers play any game, with anyone, anywhere, at any time?
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) team is looking for an execution-focused, and passionate program leader. As Director of Program Management for EADP Gameplay Services you will help guide the vision for Online Gameplay. Gameplay Services provides essential services to all of EA's game studio. Our Stats and Leaderboards services feed players' desire to compete and compare their accomplishments and progress. Quest and Achievements promote players to experience the inspiration that comes from achieving goals. Our Matchmaking and Networking services make connections between players within the game letting them enjoy the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, together.
You will report to the leader of the Gameplay Services team and work with engineering and product management and lead a team to promote execution on the strategic roadmaps.
- Help build and achieve the vision for Online Gameplay for EA
- Identify and document business cases, requirements and planning for new capabilities
- Partner with gaming and EADP teams to link technical capabilities and support to their strategic vision and individual product releases
- Work with partners including the Product Manager to create product requirements
- Deep technical knowledge of online gameplay including player progression, matchmaking, and networking
- Lead a team of Program Managers to partner with Engineering to support the vision and meet plan and targets; break down high-level requirements into development strategies and tasks.
- Ensure coordination across business and design teams. Escalate and resolve risks or misalignment
- Oversee the results. Track Indicators and use them to improve the future of the product
- Ensure the engineering and content teams have the tools, technical processes and best practices they need to develop in a thoughtful way
- Identify mitigation plans for technical risks and adoption
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, or related field technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years experience driving platform development programs
- In-depth business and technical domain knowledge.
- Understand large-scale platform capabilities and enough technical depth across these capabilities to assess risk and find solutions
- Experience working with diverse teams and partner across complex organizations to achieve results
ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES:
- You make decision based on data and facts
- You always evolve processes based on new innovations and retrospectives
- Project management skills, enthusiastic and the enjoys collaborative work
- Diligence, commitment, and a desire to meet goals
- You are passionate about gaming
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Program Management - Gameplay Services
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-12 14:36:31.543
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.