Senior Research Strategist
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 169932
Position Title: User Experience Researcher II
Senior Research Strategist
You will conduct future-oriented research on a variety of topics that intersect player experience, new technologies, cultural trends, and EA's business strategies. You will report to EA's central User Experience Research team, and you will collaborate across a diverse set of partners including UX researchers, game developers, and strategic leaders in different functions. You will represent the users--in all their variety and diversity of background and opinion--and we value reflecting that diversity in the structure of our team.
- Perform mixed methods research to answer formative questions about player needs, new technologies, and cultural trends
- Provide insights that improve our creative and business strategies
- Develop your relationships across several product groups and central teams to understand our needs and current strategies
- Proactively identify broad or ill-defined opportunities and create impactful research questions
- Align partners on your research roadmaps and study plans
- Create and communicate clear, insightful narratives that influence the way business and creative leaders at EA think about players and the future of play
- Amplify the success of product-focused research peers by consulting on challenging research problems and conducting research projects that diverge from the product's needs
- You have an advanced degree in psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human computer interaction, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- You have 5+ years' industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies in both in-person and remote settings
- You have experience networking and leading research projects in a large, multi-faceted product development organization, and you have demonstrated impact on strategy in that environment
- You have expertise in research design with experience applying multiple methods (e.g. field studies, interviews, surveys)
- You can develop creative approaches for novel or challenging research problems, and you can align partners on the validity of those approaches
- You can present to business leaders and senior individuals, and domain experts, and you can facilitate follow-up actions that help partner teams internalize or apply those insights
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Research Strategist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-12 23:28:08.437
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.