Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 169925
Position Title: Software Engineer III
EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry has expanded immensely, but we are still guided by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world's most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our experienced staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
You will directly report to the Development Director.
More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
Main Purpose of the Role
The SE will work on the continued development of our playtesting solution and Shift application, an enterprise application responsible for transferring and tracking EA intellectual property, game builds, throughout the organization. You will design and code the required features in a large web-based application. You are expected to perform the requirement gathering, analysis and design tasks, taking basic concepts all the way through the development cycle to your completion.
You will provide high-quality results without being micromanaged.
- Gather and verify technical requirements from business analysts
- Author designs ensuring completion of all requirements
- Analyze our processes and determine application workflows focusing on usability
- Establish quality standards through code reviews and design approvals
- Participate in the implementation plan that includes schedule, priorities, dependencies, and deliverables
- Write high-quality code and debug across multiple modules while dealing with related external dependencies
- Perform complete testing of web applications – unit, system, and black box testing
- Document tools and practices and participate in knowledge sharing processes. Share best practices and learn from other team members and peers
- Mentor co-workers within understood expertise
- Promote positive morale and a sense of team identity
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- .NET programming skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent Software Engineering skills
- 8+ years of proven experience in web development projects
- Perform systems analysis and architecture. Coding own designs.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with web applications using REST, Websockets, Webhooks
- Experience with .NET technologies, C#, ASP.NET, and Web Api, SignalR
- Entity Framework, MSSQL
- Azure DevOps
- Experience with Cloud design patterns; Microservices, domain-driven design.
- experience with message queue brokers
- Experience working in a multicultural, distributed team
Community / Marketing Title: Software Developer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-10 18:35:30.563
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.