Assistant Game Designer - NHL
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169912
Position Title: Assistant Game Designer
Assistant Game Designer - NHL
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and creative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill, and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of remarkable talent on a mission to accomplish on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, you will have the chance to turn a job into something you love.
As an Associate Game Designer, you will create content, balance systems, design features and prototype creative game mechanics for EA SPORTS NHL. You will report to the Creative Director and design team during pre-production, production, and finalling.
- Design and implement game mode content involving narrative, progression, economy, and reward systems
- Create engaging mechanics through iterative prototyping while maintaining EA SPORTS’ high standard of quality
- Design novel gameplay while staying true to the NHL franchise’s core brand values and overarching game vision
- Evolve design decisions based on regular play testing and audience feedback
- Communicate game design and design rationale with the members of the team
- Receive and provide critiques in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement
- Integrate learnings from quantitative data and A/B test results and constantly strive to improve the design
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods and new platforms
- Minimum 2 years industry experience working as a game designer
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Able to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using multiple tools and technologies
- Experience with game editors such as Unity/Unreal Engine/Radiant/Hammer
- Creatively and organizationally experienced with ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle
- Passion for hockey and sports games preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Game Designer - NHL
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-10 00:58:54.343
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.