Sr. Manager Experience Design
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 169903
Position Title: Sr Manager Program Management
EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We're looking for people to make great experiences for our players. People that will come to the office excited to work and have some fun.
We celebrate diversity and inclusion by making this a place where you can come to work and be yourself. And aim to create great experiences for our employees as often as our players.
Come join us! We're hiring a Sr. Manager Experience Design to join EA's Worldwide Customer Experience (WWCE) organization.
We have an interdisciplinary experience team in our Customer Service organization tasked with shaping the experience strategy and design to reduce friction in support experiences for players. This team – in deep collaboration with colleagues in product management, studio development, marketing, engineering, data science, service delivery, and more – uses human-centered design methods to understand the needs and motivations of our players and bring solutions to life.
The Experience Design team documents end-to-end player journeys, identifies unmet needs and challenges, and prioritizes and advocates for the most impactful opportunities for us to address. As a company that makes games and enables game play through our platforms, that includes a vast range of touchpoints including: positive play endorsement systems, account management tools, subscription services and management, advisor support tools, player self-service support tools and more.
Our team, composed of Researchers, Experience Designers, Analysts and Process Designers, aspires to create seamless, experiences for players and employees through a cohesive ecosystem of well-designed, user-friendly services, products, and applications. From problem discovery to delivery, we put people at the center of everything we do. You will report to the Director of Process and Experience Design, and promote essential strategic programs to create impact at scale.
You know how to tell a story, help others see the value and purpose in your proposals, and provide others the tools needed to act. You are not only passionate about experience design but also a culture champion, an effective communicator, a fearless switch-tasker, and an exceptional translator of player needs and business impact. .
- Create an inclusive, supportive, and thriving work environment and team culture
- Build and retain a diverse and representative workforce
- Manage team of interdisciplinary experience skills; where you can mentor and grow a diverse skillset
- Coach the Experience Design team to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget, using essential skills like collaboration, communication, facilitation, and leadership, and the design process end-to-end
- Prioritize resources for projects such that it aligns with our needs and growth goals for individuals
Design & Technical Leadership
- Drive our organization’s adoption of Design Thinking. Establish practices and models that allow us to focus on player needs consistently and effectively.
- Shape processes to ensure designers are leading the organization on how best to identify and deliver on player needs
- Enhance the team's standards and delivery in customer research, communication and design.
- Partner with teams around EA to evangelize and incorporate user-centered design methods, translate conceptual ideas into design solutions at scale, and build up user experience standards
- Direct and provide technical expertise to Experience researchers and designers to produce high-quality delivery of essential artifacts: requirements gathering, workflows, prototypes, executive presentations, etc.
Operations & Strategy
- Establish relationships with new customers and maintain relationships with existing customers, partners, and executive team members
- Justify expenditures for products and tools and manage tool allocations and acquisition
- Work with leadership to build the team's strategy, intake process, and model as a shared service organization
- Can develop an understanding of business and system dependencies. Examine solutions holistically to understand the impact of changes
- The ability to use independent judgment in identifying the cause of problems, and developing solutions to a variety of problems of moderate to large scope and complexity.
- Skills in the creation of Business Cases, User Stories, Workflow Diagrams, Process Maps, and System Testing
- Abiilty to advocate, evangelize and influence others
- Phenomenal ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research, strategy, and analytics
- Ability to create outstanding branded experiences
- Experience managing and coaching talented teams
- Experience dealing with non-creative decision makers
- Excellent visual/verbal communicator with presentation and storytelling skills (i.e. ability to present to different levels/groups by compelling presentations and demos)
- Game industry or customer support experience preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager Experience Design
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-10 14:15:51.07
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.