Rendering Software Engineer - EA Sports Advanced Tech Group
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 169866
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Tech organization, focused on developing cutting edge game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with game and engine dev teams. Team members will be part of a cross-functional team tackling a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. A key priority for this group is to partner with the Frostbite team, our Game teams, and our central art team to create meaningful user facing experiences and content workflow improvements. This role will work on our strategic, multi-year project in unifying our Create-a-Head tools and experiences while innovating on the created character heads for all EA SPORTS titles.
The Rendering Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design and implementation of rendering technology on multiple platforms. They are working with designers, artists and other engineers to build complex graphics features – life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds and state-of-the-art graphical FX.
- Develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
- Create reusable & flexible rendering technologies.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
- Profile and optimize rendering modules of a game engine.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
- 5+ years of experience with C++ development. 3+ years of experience with Direct 3D, OpenGL or equivalent.
- Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
- Experience developing graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices, and ability to test and debug unfamiliar code.
- Expertise in several of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
- Experience shipping at least one title on PlayStation, Xbox or Nintendo consoles is a plus.
- Experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder and Photoshop; knowledge of Maya API and Mel programming is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Rendering Software Engineer - EA Sports Advanced Tech Group
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-10 19:41:19.61
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.