3D Generalist Artist - Battlefield Mobile!
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 169850
Position Title: Artist 2
We are looking for an experienced 3D Generalist Artist to help our studio incubate new and innovative mobile shooter gameplay prototypes! Our ideal candidate has experience working in the Unreal Engine, is comfortable creating assets quickly and for a variety of different themes and wrappers, and has a strong grasp of the artists’ perspective combined with technical savvy to implement the art that they create in-engine.
- Work on a small team focused on creating unique and forward looking prototypes for new mobile shooter titles.
- Create assets including characters, weapons, and props for gameplay prototypes created within the studio, owning all aspects of production from concept to integration. This includes Modeling, Texturing, Rigging and Animation
- Work with the Design Team to develop unique themes and settings for each prototype.
- Adapt your work based on feedback from regular playtests and concept reviews.
- Create or match an existing aesthetic style and implement it via authoring of assets and/or custom rendering tech
- Optimize assets for performance based on changing requirements
- +2 years of experience in video game development.
- Experience integrating assets in the Unreal game engine.
- Expert knowledge in industry standard software like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop
- 3D Modeling: Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
- A good eye for Light, Shades, Color, and Detail in creating Texture Maps of different material types.
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (Shaders, PBR, Normal maps, Displacement maps etc.)
- Knowledge in post-process effects and shaders to achieve new graphical styles
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Experience working on an Incubation / R&D team
- Passion for Shooter Titles
Community / Marketing Title: 3D Generalist Artist - Battlefield Mobile!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-05 23:42:08.853
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.