Multiple Locations: Pasadena, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169845
Position Title: DM
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, have taken on our next mission of creating the newest FPS title for mobile: Battlefield. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to work towards our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating new experiences to reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
Development Managers are the keepers of the project schedule and play a vital role in successfully moving the development team from one milestone to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration and communication. They must partner closely with producers, designers, engineers, and artists all over the studio to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget for the various client teams we work with. The Combat Development Manager coordinates seasonal content updates for Battlefield Mobile, ensuring that our content plans are well defined and scheduled, liaising with other development teams on the project, and helping the Art Outsourcing Manager coordinate our external partners.
- Responsible for managing Combat teams alongside the Development Director, Producer & Associate Producer
- Maintain studio’s established scrum ceremonies and handle all prep-work to make those ceremonies successful.
- Ensure scrum team is working towards established sprint priorities.
- Use data to estimate completion dates for user stories in the project backlog.
- Ensure that asset requests from Combat teams are properly documented and scheduled with content team.
- Identify risks, pain points for the team and identify solutions.
- Ensure that team commitments are delivered on time and at the required quality level.
- Ensure that teams are operating in a manner consistent with established protocols.
- Ensure Jira, Confluence, are up-to-date and consistently reflect the current status of the project.
- Report project metrics to the Combat Development Director in a timely fashion.
- Escalate and/or provide visibility into blockers, increased timelines or other project challenges.
- Lead a high performing scrum team with a strong culture of trust and collaboration.
- Communicate and track multiple cross-team dependencies alongside the Development Director and Producer.
- Ability to think outside the box in a challenging and ambiguous environment.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years project management experience
- Experience managing teams in a scrum/agile & waterfall context
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient within Jira, MIRO and Google Drive
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-12 22:56:40.837
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.