Sr. Combat Designer (Star Wars Team)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 169820
Position Title: Principal Game Designer I
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for a highly-skilled Senior Combat Designer to join our Star Wars team. Our ideal candidate is well-versed in the areas of hero control/mechanics, enemy design, AI behaviors, combat/weapons, class design, skills/progression, story, and boss encounters. Reporting to the Design Director, our Combat Designers focus on delivering stellar gameplay combat experiences that feel good to play at every level. We’re picturing someone with strong design sensibilities and a passion for combat systems, who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What you'll do....
- Collaborate with and take direction from the Lead Combat designer, Game Director and design leadership to take enemy designs and combat systems from concept to completion.
- Collaborate with art, code, audio, animation, visual effects to deliver enemies and combat systems that epitomize the creative vision of the game.
- Work within Unreal Engine 4 to implement character animations, script behavior trees, special effects, and system tuning.
- Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure the authenticity of the experience.
- Facilitate communication and coordination between relevant departments to ensure overall creative vision.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the team.
- Incorporate coworkers’ ideas into the process.
- Participate in the research and development of new tools and design systems.
- Contribute to establishing and enforcing consistent design practices, constraints, and metrics throughout projects.
Ideally, you will have....
- At least 5+ years’ experience in the games industry working as a combat / systems designer, shipping at least one title.
- Experience designing and implementing heroes, enemies, bosses or combat systems using a visual scripting or text-based language.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 is ideal.
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts.
- Expert game design sensibilities, including a superb grasp of timing and instincts of what feels right. Deep understanding of the game-play systems and mechanics, able to pro/con design decisions and the ramifications they will have on the overall experience.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to systematically break down problems logically.
- Ability to pitch design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal communication.
- Excellent collaborative communications skills - especially interdepartmental.
- CS degree is a plus.
- A passion for melee combat games is a major plus.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Combat Designer (Star Wars Team)
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2021-11-04 22:32:57.427
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.