Senior Experience Designer - UX
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • British Columbia, Canada • Ontario, Canada • Prince Edward Island, Canada • California, USA • Florida, USA • Georgia, USA • Illinois, USA • Minnesota, USA • North Carolina, USA • New York, USA • Texas, USA • Washington, USA • Tennessee, USA • Quebec, Canada • New Jersey, USA • Massachusetts, USA • Arizona, USA
Requisition Number: 169800
Position Title: Sr Experience Designer
Location: Onsite in Vancouver BC | Remote work available in most Canadian and US locations
We are looking for a Senior Experience Designer to join our mobile game team.
Our sports mobile teams are founded on inclusivity, innovation, and creativity with a mission to bring immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices to millions of gamers around the world. With teams located in Canada, Romania, and the United States, we are powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
You will report to the Experience Design Director and work with cross-disciplinary partners and team leadership to shape the player experience of existing and new titles in development.
We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
Who you are:
- You love making games and enhancing the player experience
- You value collaboration with teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines
- You have a proven track record in creating compelling experiences using UX and UI design best practices
- You are able to contribute to all aspects of the design process from discovery and research to producing high fidelity mockups
- You understand how to leverage qualitative and quantitative feedback from a variety of player research practices to improve your designs
- You enjoy mentoring other designers, explaining UX and UI design principles to non-designers, and evangelizing best practices across your studio
How you'll contribute:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints
- Provide a strong interactive point-of-view to help the team understand problem spaces and identify solutions that align with the creative vision and is rooted in player data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Map the player journey all the way from day one through the elder game to align with target player personas
- Build a deep understanding of competitors in the market to inform designs that will meet player expectations and create a best-in-class experience
- Establish consistent rules for how communication tools are used and formatted throughout the game
- Drive user testing by recognizing areas of high risk, identifying the best method of garnering feedback to answer key questions, and designing wireframes, prototypes, and surveys
- Interpret results of user and market tests to identify experience optimizations and present your findings to the broader team
- Craft UX artifacts (experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes) to guide development and research
- Partner with the UI design lead to produce the game’s visual design system that includes iconography, typography, visual hierarchy, brand expression and motion
- Deliver high fidelity and high quality UI screens that align with the product’s experience goals, usability and accessibility standards
What you'll need
- 6+ years as a Product Designer, Experience Designer, UX+UI Designer, Artist, Art Director or similar role
- Contributed to multiple shipped products or product cycles
- Related post-secondary education in Interaction Design, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and experiences in the field of user experience and UI design
- Expert knowledge of interaction design, and mobile design patterns
- Understanding of user research methodologies and hypothesis-based testing
- The ability to present and rationalize design strategies to diverse audiences (including executives) while using these opportunities to educate and evangelize
- The ability to create low fidelity prototypes and quickly iterate based on testing results
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design in mobile free-to-play games
- The ability to lay out complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Strong visual design skills (i.e., composition, iconography, layout, typography, color theory)
- Great knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or other visual design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Passion for games
- Experience with Unity is preferrable
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Experience Designer - UX
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-09 16:44:10.697
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.