Associate Business Intelligence Engineer
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169798
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Join the EA Studios Technology organization’s Analytics Solutions group that supports analytics and data science to improve player experience. EA serves millions of players with multi-genre online experiences via Live Services. Games of the last decade continue to entertain and engage audiences with new titles launching each year. We are looking for an Associate Business Intelligence Engineer to work alongside with our BI Engineer Lead to enable data driven decision making within the Analytics Solutions team at EA. This role is located in North America/EAC and will work remotely with internal customers at various EA locations. If you are someone who is eager to learn new technologies, passion for transforming raw data into simplified but well-designed data driven visualizations with an appetite for cutting edge analytical solutions then you are in the right place.
- As an Associate Business Intelligence Engineer you will be involved in the Product development life cycle from brainstorming ideas to design quality interactive data visualizations that deal with data complexity with elegance.
- Will own the process of adoption, implementation of new tools, technologies and applications used to collect, integrate, analyze, and deliver actionable BI solutions to empower data driven decision making.
- Build close relationships with business stakeholders and act as a liaison between business users and data engineers to deliver scalable end-to-end solutions.
- Explore and advocate self-service Analytics at EA.
- Be a good team player, share, accept ideas in the team and aim for the bigger good of the project at hand.
- Work with big data solutions, data modelling, understand the ETL pipelines and business intelligence solutions
- 1-2 years experience in enterprise-class business intelligence tools like Power BI, Looker, Tableau or similar BI tools.
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries and knowledge of cloud-based databases like Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery or other big data solutions.
- Experience in data modelling, ETL process, and data warehousing.
- Good communication to interact with business users and technical teams.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and high attention to detail.
- Proactive in every step of the development life cycle, from collecting requirements, communicating to users, design, development and testing the products.
- Experience with analytics programming languages in Python/R.
- A passion for games and the gaming industry.
- Knowledge of latest data pipeline tools such as Airflow.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Business Intelligence Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-04 23:00:07.94
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.