Senior Business Analyst - Operations
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 169792
Position Title: Advanced Analyst
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
About the team
EA Studios Development Technology and Solutions (DTS) provides solutions that empower our development teams to build great games across EA. The DTS Analytics (DTSA) team, operating like an in-house consulting unit, supports a wide spectrum of projects across DTS through information, measures, and process transformation. Our mission is to help connect strategy with execution, by providing analytics support for DTS Operations, large DTS and Cross-EA programs. DTSA provides expertise in two analytics functions: business and data. You will report to the senior manager of the DTS Analytics team on the business side.
As a member of DTS Analytics Team, you will:
- Participate in a diverse range of assignments, from operational to strategic, in response to current or future needs:
- Lead several business analytics efforts to improve decision-making for the leadership team
- Investigate and unpack business and technical challenges that we are facing
- Provide guidance on the appropriate metrics/KPIs to measure productivity and effectiveness of the program/solution
- Contribute to process transformation and optimization
- Organize and lead information gathering sessions to capture workflow processes, user stories, data, pain points and feedback from internal partners
- Consolidate your investigation and recommendations into well-written and cohesive presentations (PowerPoint)
- Work with our partners including: development teams, business development & marketing, finance, QA, Legal, first parties, vendors...
- Manage partners' expectations, timelines and risks throughout a project life cycle
- Prioritize workload and multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude
Who You are:
- Result-oriented person with minimum of 10 years of professional experience performing all aspects of business and enterprise level analysis (this is not a business systems analyst or data analyst position)
- Succeed in navigating ambiguity and establish structure and coherence to business problems
- Inquisitive and curious to go beyond the surface level, learn new concepts and explore creative solutions
- Comfortable to perform under pressure and meet evolving deadlines because of changing priorities
- Proficient in applying different business analysis techniques to your projects
- Confident and succinct communicator that can work with team members from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Comfortable in giving presentations to a wide audience, especially to senior management (VP level)
- Motivated when problem solving and thinking creatively
- Manage your deliverables and producing high-quality results
- Comfortable working as part of an international team that spans across multiple time zones
- Versed in Agile methodology and scrum process
The following would be considered an asset for this role:
- Previous working experience in a consulting-like environment or project delivery is preferable
- Advisory experience in technology evaluation, assessment, and roadmap development
- Experience creating reports and dashboards using data visualization software packages (eg. Power BI, Looker, Tableau)
- Domain knowledge in data manipulation, processing, and reporting
- Domain knowledge in QA and software development testing principles
Domestic and international travel may be required.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Analyst - Operations
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-03 23:29:31.8
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.