Data Scientist - MADDEN
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 169791
Position Title: Data Scientist I
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Data Scientist you will help improve our Madden NFL franchise through the personalization of the player experience. You are a technically-oriented individual, knowledgeable of how to use data and experimentation to solve product problems. You report to a central analytics and data science team, but work directly with producers, designers, product managers on the Madden team to directly influence game design to create an ever more dynamic player journey in our titles.
What a Data Scientist does at EA:
- Translate business and product questions into ethical and mathematically sound experiments.
- Understand how to use principles of machine learning to help learn and tune in game experiences while understanding their consequences.
- Build models, analyses, and reports that support and grow our understanding of the gameplay experience, partnering with producers, designers, and other data scientists.
- Document and present analysis and modeling projects, methodologies, and conclusions to both peers and partners.
- Support peers with technical reviews, ensuring quality coding and deployment practices.
- MS or greater in a field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics.
- 2 or more years of experience in data science, analytics, or a related area in a consumer products-oriented industry.
- SQL skills, including experience querying complex data sets such as platforms like Apache Hive.
- Experience developing statistical and machine learning models using languages like Python, R, or Ruby.
- Experience with experimental design and the determination of the statistical significance of findings.
- Knowledge of programming best practices, version control, and automation.
- Experience presenting and prioritizing with people at multiple levels of business and technical expertise.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist - MADDEN
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-03 22:07:43.057
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.