Art Outsourcing Manager
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 169787
Position Title: Associate Art Director
***MUST HAVE RECENT GAMING EXPERIENCE AND ART BACKGROUND***
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
Industrial Toys is seeking an experienced, talented, detail-oriented Art Outsource Manager with a good eye and a technical knowledge to focus on the management of art assets produced by external studios. As the Art Outsource Manager, you will work closely with the internal Art Director and Development Director to help manage the assets being developed by external art house vendors. You will assess development situations and formulate strategies for delivering quality, cost-effective assets through 3rd party vendors. You will be responsible for creating production packets and reviewing the technical and art quality of art assets as they progress through the pipeline. The Art Outsource Manager should have in depth experience creating 3D game art and be technically inclined with excellent feedback and organizational skills.
- Define and execute creative strategies for outsourcing and co-development that improve quality, cost-effectiveness, and risk mitigation of our products.
- Work closely with the Art Directors and project leadership to understand and communicate the expectations for visual quality of in-game art with external teams.
- Build a wide variety of partnerships to deliver concept art, characters, animation, UX, cinematics, levels, and more
- Work closely with the Development Director to track, organize, maintain, and document status of outsourced art assets.
- Create and maintain outsourcing budget plans both short and long term.
- Find new partners and create new ways to make outsourcing and co-development work for us.
- Be the first line of feedback to vendors and course-correct to appropriate direction.
- Organize and prepare outsourced art assets for art reviews with the Art Director.
- Organize and prepare asset packets for the external team.
- Document and communicate Art Review feedback to the external team.
- Check technical validity of art assets coming in from outsource artists.
- Prescreen visual quality of art assets coming in from outsource artists.
- Extensive experience with managing outsource and/or co-dev relationships, ideally involving a variety of disciplines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors with minimal guidance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand, match, and communicate varied target styles.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven experience managing multiple 2D and 3D assets in various states of completion.
- An avid gamer is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Art Outsourcing Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-09 21:02:20.99
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.