Associate Art Director
Multiple Locations: San Francisco, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 169787
Position Title: Associate Art Director
***MUST HAVE RECENT GAMING EXPERIENCE AND ART BACKGROUND***
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
Industrial Toys is seeking an experienced, talented, detail-oriented Art Outsource Manager with a good eye and a technical knowledge to focus on the management of art assets produced by external studios. As the Art Outsource Manager, you will work closely with the internal Art Director and Development Director to help manage the assets being developed by external art house vendors. You will assess development situations and formulate strategies for delivering quality, cost-effective assets through 3rd party vendors. You will be responsible for creating production packets and reviewing the technical and art quality of art assets as they progress through the pipeline. The Art Outsource Manager should have in depth experience creating 3D game art and be technically inclined with excellent feedback and organizational skills.
- Define and execute creative strategies for outsourcing and co-development that improve quality, cost-effectiveness, and risk mitigation of our products.
- Work closely with the Art Directors and project leadership to understand and communicate the expectations for visual quality of in-game art with external teams.
- Build a wide variety of partnerships to deliver concept art, characters, animation, UX, cinematics, levels, and more
- Work closely with the Development Director to track, organize, maintain, and document status of outsourced art assets.
- Create and maintain outsourcing budget plans both short and long term.
- Find new partners and create new ways to make outsourcing and co-development work for us.
- Be the first line of feedback to vendors and course-correct to appropriate direction.
- Organize and prepare outsourced art assets for art reviews with the Art Director.
- Organize and prepare asset packets for the external team.
- Document and communicate Art Review feedback to the external team.
- Check technical validity of art assets coming in from outsource artists.
- Prescreen visual quality of art assets coming in from outsource artists.
- Extensive experience with managing outsource and/or co-dev relationships, ideally involving a variety of disciplines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors with minimal guidance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand, match, and communicate varied target styles.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven experience managing multiple 2D and 3D assets in various states of completion.
- An avid gamer is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Date Opened: 2021-11-09 21:02:20.99
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.