Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169780
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
The Software Engineer role is responsible for collaborating with QA and development to identify and create automation solutions, scripts, and strategies, targeted toward improving game infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the QV process. This person plays a key role in ensuring seamless consumer experience by focusing on upstream quality and targeting defect prevention and containment by assisting with generation and analysis of testing strategies, improving automation efforts, white box testing, identifying new testing technologies and developing new tools for testing and tracking purposes.
Driving technology usage and support:
- Working with QA analysts to identify areas of improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
- Build, test, and deploy automated solutions to support game project deliverables.
- Support an increased adoption of automation within game teams. Aid in the identification and requirements gathering for new automation.
- Identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
- Providing debug support and technical expertise to QV teams and game software engineers.
- Participating in knowledge sharing sessions and increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
- Risk analysis of new features – impact and scope.
- Assist with prioritizing bug fixing efforts and areas of test focus.
- White box testing.
Partner with QV Management to:
- Proactively contribute to the test and technology strategies of the QA group.
- Escalate risks and recommend upstream tools, automation and processes.
- Proactively analyze metrics, trends and test process to provide meaningful statistics with sound reasoning.
- Provide performance results analysis on current processes and infrastructures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software engineering or equivalent.
- Professional experience with a focus on concepts, language varieties. Experience with C# and/or Java.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies and their application to both development and QA.
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl, PHP, or Lua an asset.
- Preferred knowledge in gaming consoles or embedded systems.
- Successfully interface with internal customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs - able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of technical writing concepts and experience an asset.
- Experience using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent observational and organizational skills – detail oriented.
- Creativity and logical thinking: can find ingenious solutions to problems.
- Adaptability/flexibility: not afraid of change and strives for it if it's for the good of the project - is not afraid to try new things and possibly fail.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-15 17:30:00.103
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.